The popular pro-Biafra separatist agitator Simon Ekpa’s arrest has sparked numerous reaction.
GoldenNewsNg previously reported that the agitator based in Finland was reportedly arrested from his residence near the Lahti Market Square after threatening to prevent the South East region from participating in the upcoming general elections.
On Thursday, the self-described disciple of the imprisoned leader of the banned Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) tweeted: This time, we Biafrans will fight to the bitter end.
The Nigerian government had summoned the Finnish Ambassador to Nigeria prior to Ekpa’s arrest in response to his threat to disrupt the elections.
Below are 10 things you should know about Simon Ekpa
1. Simon Ekpa is a Nigerian-Finnish lawyer, political activist, and former athlete.
2. He was born on March 21, 1985, in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.
3. In 2003, Ekpa won a silver medal for Nigeria in 100 meters in the African Junior Athletics Championships in Cameroon.
4. He is widely known for spreading fake news and inciting violence in Southeast Nigeria, through his broadcast and sit-at-home orders.
5. The arrested pro-Biafra agitator has lived in Lahti, Finland since 2007.
6. He is a member of the National Coalition Party of Finland and was a candidate in the 2022 Finnish county elections.
7. Ekpa gained visibility after he became the lead broadcaster for Radio Biafra following the arrest of the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.