Candid Advice to all parents and guardians of Students Seeking Admission into Nigerian Universities in the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Despite the continued closure of schools in Nigeria as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, Edo University Iyamho (EUI), Edo State, held online classes for the 2019/2020 academic session on Canvas Learning Management System (LMS) and Academic Information Systems (AIS) to enable students beat the continued lockdown in the education sector.
GoldenNewsNg also reported that EUI is the only university in the West African Sub Region with this Ivy League Learning Management System which is in use by 70 per cent of the Ivy League universities in the world today.
It may also interest you to know that Edo University Iyamho through the same LMS Canvas Bigbluebutton conference facilities, all the faculties and Departments successfully conducted the second semester of the 2019/2020 Examination.
The realities arising from the Corona Virus pandemic has made it imperative that every caring parent, guardian and admission seeker look very carefully before picking any university for further studies.
Its not only strikes by universities workers that can delay or even derail the length of time an undergraduate will spend in the university. Unforseen occurrences like the present Covid19 pandemic can too.
To this end , I advice that with effect from this 2020/2021 Academic Session, please pick, yes pick only those universities that have ICT compliant facilities and ICT savvy manpower to carry out both teaching and research online and offline.
I recommend Edo University Iyamho (EUI).
You know why?
1) Edo University as the 41 State government owned university in Nigeria, is the only public university in Nigeria today that has functional facilities for both offline and online teaching and learning.
2) EUI is the only public university in Nigeria that has in place the Canvas LMS one of the facilities that distinguishes Ivy League universities like Harvard, Oxford, MIT, Cambridge, Stanford, UCT (University of Cape Town) etc.
3) With its Canvas LMS, EUI dutifully migrated its teaching and learning online when covid19 pandemic struck in the first semester of 2019/2020 academic session, disrupting the the normal physical or face to face teaching and learning method.
4) EUI through its LMS Canvas Bigbluebutton online conference facilities, successfully carried out its entire second semester 2019/2020 Lectures.
5) Through the same LMS Canvas Bigbluebutton conference facilities, all the faculties and Departments successfully conducted the second semester of the 2019/2020 Examination.
6) Whereas all government (public) universities in Nigeria are yet to conclude (some have not even started the 2019/2020 session) the first semester of the 2019/2020 session, but Edo University is done with the 2019/2020 Academic session.
7) EUI is set to commence the 2020/2021 academic session in November 2020 God willing.
Admission into all programmes in Edo University Iyamho for the 2020/2021 Academic Session is presently going on.
For Admission into Nigerian Universities in the 2020/2021 Academic Session.
Please visit www.edouniversity.com for more information.
Currently, the 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION FOR UNDERGRADUATE ADMISSION INTO EDO UNIVERSITY IYAMHO IS IN PROGRESS, WITH THE POST-UTME SCREENING DATE SLATED FOR 24TH SEPTEMBER 2020 AT 10AM
Visit Edo University Iyamho admission site to register today.