The governor of Lagos State, Nigeria’s commercial city, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has finally revealed that the Nigerian Military officers ordered the shooting of unarmed #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate on Tuesday, October 20.
GoldenNewsNg had reported earlier that soldiers of the Nigerian Army invaded a peaceful protest at Lekki toll gate on Tuesday evening, October 20, killing #EndSARS protesters in the process.
President Buhari addressed Nigerians on Thursday evening following the Lekki massacre of unarmed peaceful protesters at the Lekki toll gate in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city.
During the speech, President Buhari failed to address the shooting of #EndSARS protesters by soldiers of the Nigerian Army but rather ordered that the protests against police brutality that rocked various cities across the nation before the Lekki massacre on Tuesday.
President Buhari said: “I, therefore, call on our youths to discontinue the street protests and constructively engage government in finding solutions.
“Your voice has been heard loud and clear and we are responding.”
Since the #LekkiMassacre, several Nigerians have been attacked by security agents across the country, at a time Nigerians have been asking #WhoOrderedLekkiMassacre.
On Monday, October 26 during a live interview on CNN, the Lagos Governor disclosed that according to CCTV footage gotten from the scene of the shooting, officers of the Nigerian Army were responsible for the attack.
When asked about who ordered the shooting and which security branch carried out the order, Sanwoolu said; “From the footage that we can see, there are cameras at that facility. It seems to me that there were men in military uniform, should be Nigerian Army.”
The Interviewer pressed further: ”So you’re saying that it was Military officers who ordered peaceful protesters to be shot in Lekki?” and the Governor replied; “Yes, they were there. That’s what it shows”.
When asked if anyone will be held accountable, Governor Sanwo-Olu said; “They certainly would….I mean, we’ll do everything to ensure that they are held accountable”
“I’m not the C-in-C, I’m Governor of the state.”
Watch the video below…
Jide Sanwoolu has now admitted that the military were deployed. And that there were casualties.
— 20.10.2020 (@I_Am_Ilemona) October 26, 2020