How NECO registrar Mr Obioma died

NECO registrar‘s son has Revealed how his Father Godswill Obioma died.

GoldenNewsNg gathered that the  family of the Registrar of the National Examinations Council (NECO), Godswill Obioma, has said Godswill Obioma died Monday afternoon after a brief illness.

This was contained in a message the son of the late professor of educational measurement and evaluation, Godswill Obioma the 2nd, shared with the management of NECO on Tuesday morning.

This was also confirmed by Mr Obioma’s personal assistant, Obinna Otumdi.

Mr Otumdi spoke exclusively with PREMIUM TIMES via telephone on Tuesday morning.

The personal assistant, however, said he was not in the best position to speak on the death of his late boss.

He said; “I am sure the family will address the public soon. My boss was ill, briefly, before nature took its course.”

He was said to have died at 66.

How NECO registrar Mr Obioma died

According to report, late Mr Obioma  the deceased travelled from Abuja to Minna on Monday morning.

“But when he reached the city gate in Minna, he told his entourage that he would not be able to go to the office and went home with his security aides. The others, including his personal assistant, Otumdi, left for the office,” one of the sources, who does not want to be mentioned, told PREMIUM TIMES.

Around 3 p.m., the NECO registrar called his personal assistant to say he was too tired and that he would not be able to be in the office.

“But by around 4 p.m., the police officials who were downstairs in his house called the PA to complain that their boss was yet to return downstairs. But the PA told them he already spoke to him and that he was fine. But around 5 p.m. when the PA returned home and went upstairs, he saw a lifeless body,” the source added.

It is further gathered  that the PA called in the security details immediately and they rushed Mr Obioma to an unnamed hospital in Minna where he was pronounced dead. His body was also said to have been moved to the National Hospital in Abuja on Monday evening, where he was again confirmed dead.


Leave a Reply