To support students in Nigeria, the Petroleum Technology Development Fund
is now granting
the In-country Scholarships scheme. GoldenNewsNg
understands that this funding scheme will benefit all new students intending to pursue an undergraduate
, master’s, and PhD degree programme. The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is the Federal Government agency with the mandate of developing indigenous human capacity and petroleum technology to meet the needs of the oil and gas industry. The Fund hereby invites applications from qualified Nigerians to apply for the 2021/22 Undergraduate, Masters and PhD scholarships for students in Nigerian Federal Universities Petroleum Technology Development Fund
was established by Act no.25 of 1973 which repealed the Gulf Oil Company Training Fund Act prior to the establishment of PDTF, there existed the Gulf oil company Training Fund, the assets which were transferred to the fund upon promulgation of the Act setting it up. Why should you apply for the programme? To train Nigerians to qualify as graduates and professionals in the field of Geoscience and science, environmental science, renewable energy, management, and engineering. Application Deadline:
August 13, 2021
- Eligible Countries: Nigeria
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Geoscience and science courses, environmental science courses, renewable energy courses, management, and engineering courses.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Applicants must be full-time students in any of the Federal Universities listed.
- The course of study should be related to the oil and gas industry as advertised.
- Possess 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics
- Applicants should provide their transcripts for the first year of study (transcripts must be signed and stamped by the HOD/Exams Officer or any authorized staff).
Method of Application
Online application form can be accessed from the PTDF SCHOLARSHIP MANAGEMENT PORTAL: scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng. Instructions on how to access the application form is stated on the PTDF Scholarship Management Portal (scholarship.ptdf.gov.ng)Applicants are advised to read through the requirements before applying.
PTDF Undergraduate and Graduate Scholarships in Nigeria