Apply For Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programm 2021 following the guideline below:
The Rural Youth Skill Acquisition Programme is designed to take the skill acquisition programmes to the rural youth population with the objectives to create income-earning opportunities, stem youth restiveness, discourage rural-urban drift and grow the local economy.
The target youths demography under this programme are semi-literate and non-literate youths, who have acquired skill training, needs start-up and fundamental business skills.
The RYSA programme has two training components as follows:
The Practical / Hands-on training: This entails training of beneficiaries of the programme to acquire further practical skills required for them to succeed in their chosen enterprises. This training will be carried out by Master Trainers designated across different communities in Delta State.
The Community Business School (CBS) training: The CBS is a mandatory programme for all RYSA beneficiaries to be undertaken once a week for eight weeks in the course of the practical/hands-on training programme. The programme is meant to equip beneficiaries with life and business skills that are critical to success in life and business.
Community Business School (CBS) Course Outline
- Introduction to Business
- Customer Relations
- Community Service and Volunteerism
- Business Networking
- Candidates must be between 18 – 29 years old.
- Candidates must be from Delta State and resident in the Local Government Area
- The minimum educational qualification is First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- Candidates interested in RYSA must have acquired basic training in the shortlisted skill area.
- Candidates must have personal enthusiasm, conviction, and willingness to learn and acquire refresher skill-sets in his/her choice programme as a basis to establish and manage an enterprise.
You may also want to read FG Set To Provide Cash Grant For 8,000 Rural Women
RYSA Programme Application:
- Application forms for RYSA are available at the Ministry’s field offices across the 25 Local Government Areas of the State.
- Interested candidates must pick up the application forms IN PERSON, fill and submit them within the stipulated timeline.
- Shortlisted candidates must undergo oral interviews and proficiency tests based on the skill area of choice.
- Applicants for RYSA must fill and submit the guarantor’s form.
- Selected candidates must abide by the rules and regulations set by the Ministry of Youth Development.
Programme Administration For RYSA
- Interested candidates must pass the proficiency test in his/her chosen skill area to be eligible for the programme.
- Beneficiaries must complete the Refresher/CBS training before the Start-up Packs presentation.
- Candidates must pass the training completion proficiency test and Community Business School (CBS) training test before been awarded with a Certificate and given support.
- Successful Beneficiaries must subject themselves to the mentoring process of the Directorate for Youth Monitoring & Mentoring (DYMM).
- The Start-up Packs consist of work tools and seed grant. The work tool component consists of physical equipment required for each skill-set given to successful trainees at the end of the training exercise.
- The RYSA Programme Seed grants will be given to the beneficiaries at the end of their training as support for start-up.
To get more information, kindly visit Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme Website
How To Apply For Delta State Rural Youth Skill Acquisition (RYSA) Programme