How To Register For FG Conditional Cash Transfer In Nigeria
GoldenNewsNg learnt that the federal government Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) programme is a social welfare initiative to reduce the increasing poverty rate in the country by giving certain amount of money to the poor, unemployed and vulnerable citizens.
This post is a guide on how to register for FG conditional cash transfer in Nigeria and how to become a beneficiary.
Before we proceed note that the FG Conditional Cash Transfer is for people who meet the scheme’s requirements.
How much does FG transfer to beneficiaries?
According to Federal Government , Beneficiaries will get a minimum of N30,000 and a maximum of N80,000 as the Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT).
The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs made it clear to all beneficiaries to not less than 30,000. adding that Should any of the officials involved in the programme give you anything short of the minimum amount of N30,000, do not collect it. Report to me or your state governor through telephone numbers made available to you.
Conditional cash transfer is not what you can register or apply anyhow, it’s done by selection based on assessment. Below is how registration can be done:
1. The process starts by Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO).
2. The head of beneficiary’s community will be contacted by YESSO agents.
3. A town crier will be asked to call the community for a meeting in their respective meeting points where enumeration will be carried out.
4. The list gotten by YESSO will be submitted to the National Cash Transfer Office (NCTO).
5. NCTO will send agents to you community to publish the list at designated places.
6. NCTO will then capture the beneficiaries with a computer, and generate ID cards for them.
Conditional cash transfer is meant only for the following category of people;
1. The unbanked
2. Those without social media accounts or smartphones
3. Without an education
4. The poorest of the poor.