Political Science is a discipline within the social sciences that focuses on the study of political systems, behavior, institutions, and ideas. If you are interested in pursuing a degree in Political Science and are searching for the best universities to study this subject in Nigeria, you have come to the right place.
Political Science is a highly sought-after course chosen by many students. As an aspiring student passionate about studying Political Science, it is crucial that you familiarize yourself with the list of accredited universities that offer this course.
Almost all universities in Nigeria offer Political Science as a field of study. As an aspirant, it is important for you to know the universities that provide excellent education in this field.
We have compiled a comprehensive list of the best universities in Nigeria that offer Political Science. These universities are equipped with state-of-the-art learning facilities, conducive environments for learning, and qualified lecturers with professional experience and expertise in the field.
If you are interested in knowing the best universities to study Political Science, please explore this page.
Political Science encompasses the study of power and politics from national, international, and comparative perspectives. It involves understanding groups, classes, governments, diplomacy, law, strategy, and war, as well as political concepts, ideologies, institutions, policies, procedures, and behavior.
The primary focus of Political Science is to analyze and predict how globalization, terrorism, climate change, civil rights, and diplomacy influence our daily lives.
Now that you have an understanding of what Political Science entails, it is imperative that as an aspiring student, you familiarize yourself with the list of Nigerian universities that offer the best academic programs in this field.
Here is a list of the universities:
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti
- Anambra State University, Uli
- Benue State University, Makurdi
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti
- Federal University Lafia, Nasarawa State
- Gregory University, Uturu, Abia State
- Igbinedion University, Okada, Benin City
- Imo State University, Owerri
- Kogi State University, Anyigba
- Nasarawa State University, Keffi
- Niger Delta University, Wilberforce Island
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- Plateau State University, Bokkos
- Redeemers University
- University of Calabar, Calabar
- University of Ibadan, Ibadan
- University of Uyo, Uyo
Please note that the subject combination for O’Level may vary for each institution. It is recommended that you visit the websites of your preferred universities for more information.
JAMB Subject Combination for Political Science in Nigeria:
UTME candidates must obtain five credit passes in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB in the following subjects:
- English Language
Basic Requirements for Studying Political Science:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Every candidate aspiring to study Political Science must meet the school-required cut-off mark.
- You must have the correct JAMB subject combination.
- A good score in JAMB, WAEC, and post-UTME is essential.
- You must have at least five credit passes in your O’Level result, including English and Mathematics, before you are qualified to study Political Science in Nigeria.
To be offered admission to study Political Science, you must meet the JAMB cut-off mark. The JAMB cut-off mark for Political Science is 160, but scoring higher than the minimum requirement will give you an advantage over other applicants.
Congratulations to all our readers who have reached the end of this page. We hope that the information provided has been helpful. Studying Political Science at the universities listed above is certainly a viable option.
Each university offers a unique combination of excellent academics, knowledgeable teachers, research opportunities, and hands-on education. These institutions provide students with the skills and knowledge needed to succeed in the study of Political Science, regardless of their professional goals in academia, government, public administration, diplomacy, or research.
When choosing a university to pursue your Political Science education, consider aspects such as academic competence, research facilities, internship opportunities, and alumni networks.