- how many times can i do change of course in jamb : Once yearly but in some cases you can multiple times.
- Can I do change of course twice ? No, JAMB only allows a candidate to change institution/course once in a year. So, if you have already changed institution/course once, you will have to wait until the next admission year to apply for a change again. It is not possible to change institution/course more than once in a year, including changing course twice.
- can i do change of institution 3 times ? You Can Change the Course Twice but You Can’t Change the Institution.
can i do change of institution after accepting admission? :
Yes, you can change institution/course after accepting admission, but it depends on the deadline set by JAMB and the admission status of the new institution.
If the deadline for change of institution/course has not passed and the new institution still has available admission slots, you can apply for a change of institution/course through the JAMB portal.
However, once you have accepted admission and registered at a school, you may not be eligible to change institution/course again for that admission year. It is important to carefully consider your options before accepting admission and to make sure you are choosing the right institution/course for you.
can i do change of institution on my phone? Yes, you can change institution/course on your phone by following these steps:
- Visit the JAMB official website (www.jamb.gov.ng) on your phone’s browser.
- Click on the “e-facility” tab and log in to your JAMB profile using your email address and password.
- Click on “Change of Institution” and follow the prompts to complete the process.
- Pay the required fee through the available payment options, such as bank transfer or payment with a debit card.
- Confirm the change of institution/course and wait for a confirmation email from JAMB.
It is important to note that you will need an internet-enabled phone and a stable internet connection to complete the process online.
can jamb change of institution be done twice ? Yes
can i do change of institution four times : Yes!
Two Situations that may lead you to Change institutions and/or courses three or more times
There are two cases.
One will allow you to change the third time while the other will limit you to only two times.
1. You have not Been Offered Admission By Any Institution
In this case, you have already changed twice but none of these schools offered you space. Then you wish to change to another school and try your luck with their post UTMEs.
Sorry for your situation, you can’t change any longer. You’re limited to that last change.
If by any means, another school gives you admission without choosing them in UTME, you can get your way through with condition #2 below.
2. You have already changed twice and Admission is given, But…
Some candidates fall into certain complex situations. Let’s see these:
You changed twice but the school that gave you admission was the second choice. And you won’t be able to print the JAMB admission letter because that school is not in the first position.
In order to print the admission letter, you will have to do change of institutions. But now your two chances had been burnt. What can you do next?
The answer is “Don’t worry about the change of institution yet”. You can do that after you get to the school for freshers’ registration.
Proceed to the school that offered you admission and explain your situation. The school will instruct you to do JAMB regularization. This is the exercise designed by the body to handle these kinds of issues. Then you can then print your admission letter. Read more details about this below.
Another case is if a school you didn’t choose, at all, gave you admission. That is, the school was not even among your choices. They just gave you admission because you took part in their post-UTME – even without choosing them. Or you didn’t take part in the post UTME/screening, yet they offer you admission.
In this case, the option you will turn to is the JAMB regularization, as earlier noted.
After completing the regularization, you will take your print slip to the school that offered you admission for signing and stamping. The school will then forward it to JAMB in order to change you to them. The school can also give you a backing letter with it – then you submit it to the JAMB office yourself.
|A sample of the Regularization print slip is to be signed by the school, then later sent to the JAMB office|
Other Special Situations and Solutions
If the Course Given by School is Different from the one by JAMB
Another complex issue is if you’ve been offered admission by a school but the one given by JAMB is different. Then what you must do is the change of course on the JAMB portal.
Admitted candidates (before 2017) who had been offered admission by JAMB with different courses other than school’s will not be able to do the change of course rather they’re only left with regularization. This is because they didn’t create a JAMB profile during their own UTME registration like candidates of 2017 and above.
This is the exact advice your school admission officer will give should you talk to one.
Can’t I just Forget About Regularization and Continue with my Course?
Well, you can but sooner or later, you will be forced to do it.
You will need it when you’re preparing for NYSC. This is because if your JAMB course and your school’s course differ, your name will not appear in the JAMB matriculation list until you do the right thing. This is the list that shows whether you’ll be going for service or not.