How to Create Gofundme Account And Raise Good Money: You’ve probably seen a lot of GoFundMe pages raising money for various causes; some are heartwarming, while others are tragic. Create a gofundme account if you’re looking for ways to raise money for your needs.
What is a Gofundme Account
GoFundMe provides an easy way to raise money from your friends, family, and online community. Our platform makes it simple to share your fundraiser in a variety of ways to bring in donations, track your progress, and post updates to engage your community.
How to Create Gofundme Account And Raise Money
With over $9 billion raised to date, GoFundMe is the world’s largest crowdfunding platform. With a donor base of over 50 million people.
GoFundMe is revolutionizing the way people give. It’s simple to raise funds for yourself, your family, or the causes you care about with GoFundMe, so create a GoFundMe account and start fundraising.
Learn how to use GoFundMe when you create a GoFundMe Account, how to set up a successful campaign, and other tips for a successful campaign.
1. What Can I Use GoFundMe Account For?
GoFundMe is a crowdfunding service that allows people to donate money to people in need. Unlike donations to organizations, the funds go directly to the campaign owner.
GoFundMe can be used for almost anything. GoFundMe can also be used to raise funds for your favorite charity.
Most people use GoFundMe to raise funds for themselves, a loved one, or a friend who is in need during one of life’s most important moments.
This can include anything from medical expenses to education costs, trips and dreams, volunteer programs, youth sports, funerals and memorials, and animals and pets.
While many people use GoFundMe to pay for exorbitant medical bills, people with disabilities have used it to raise funds for a variety of other needs, including:
Mobility products, like wheelchairs and walkers
‣ Accessible transportation, like wheelchair vans and van conversions
‣ Updates and modifications to their homes
‣ Financial assistance paying other bills
If you are unsure whether the content of your fundraiser is permitted, we encourage you to review our Terms of Service. If you have any further questions, the “Prohibited Conduct” section lists the most common types of fundraisers that we currently do not allow.
2. Create Gofundme Account – Starting your GoFundMe
First, click “Start a GoFundMe” from our homepage.
When you click “Start a GoFundMe”, they will automatically prompt you to sign in or sign up for a GoFundMe account. If you already have a GoFundMe account, please use the option of signing in. Otherwise, you can enter your name, email address, and password to create a new account!
Please note: the name you enter when creating your account is the name that will be displayed on the fundraiser page.
For our customers who no longer use their legal name, whether, for safety or personal reasons, you can enter your chosen name here, and it won’t affect the name entered for purposes of setting up withdrawals.
3. Creating your Fundraiser – Create Gofundme Account
When you create your account, you will be asked to create a fundraiser, with the first question being “Who are you raising funds for?”
Select “Yourself or someone else” if they will withdraw the funds into a personal or business bank account. If you are raising funds for a charity and want the funds to be sent directly to that charity, select “A nonprofit or charity.” Then proceed with the following steps.
4. Let’s start with the basics – Create Gofundme Account
A. Where do you live?
Enter the location as the country of the bank account receiving the funds. This will also determine the currency collected.
B. What are you fundraising for?
Choosing a category is just a way to help other people to find your fundraiser, so you can select whichever seems closest to your situation.
C. What is your fundraiser title?
This is your chance to stand out. Create a title that is specific to your cause, using names or a call to action. For example, ‘Help Kelly Smile Again’ has more impact than ‘funds for the dentist’. It has to be 35 characters or less, so make sure it fits!
5. Set your fundraising goal – Create Gofundme Account
Your goal amount should reflect how much you’re looking to raise. When setting your goal, keep in mind there will be a transaction fee per donation, so set your goal slightly higher than what you need.
Here are some important things to know about your goal amount:
i. You have the option to edit your goal at any time
ii. You do not need to reach your goal to receive your funds
iii. Your fundraiser won’t automatically end if you reach your goal
6. Add a cover photo or video
Fundraisers who use a personal photo or video that features the person, animal, or cause for which the funds are being raised have proven to be the most successful. Please keep the following in mind whether you choose a photo or a video:
a. You must may post and share the photo or video
b. The photo must be of high quality
c. The photo size is recommended to be 720 x 405.
d. JPEG, PNG, or BMP
e. The video must be hosted on YouTube and set to Public
7. Tell your story
A great story will be open and descriptive, with information about who you are, why you’re raising funds, and how the money will be spent.
If you’re raising funds for someone else (the beneficiary), explain how you know them.
When you’re done writing your story, click “Complete fundraiser” or “Save” if you want to make changes before launching.
8. Complete your fundraiser
Once you click “Complete your fundraiser” your campaign is live and available to receive donations! If you aren’t ready for it to be live, you can select “Save” instead of “Complete your fundraiser” and come back to it when the time is right.
9. Your fundraiser is ready. Let’s start getting donations
While your fundraiser can begin receiving donations immediately, no one will see it until you share it.
Sharing your fundraiser with as many communities as possible is the best way to ensure its success. Here are some ways to share, but if you don’t want to connect these right now, click “next”:
– Social media: You can use this page to connect your GoFundMe to a variety of social media platforms, including Facebook, Messenger, Twitter, and WhatsApp. You can also copy your fundraiser link here so that you have it ready to send to people.
– Email: You can import your contacts to GoFundMe and use this page to send emails.
– In-person: You can use your custom link to share your fundraiser over text message, on posters and printouts, when speaking to your community, and as part of presentations. There are countless ways to get the word out using your link!
Remember, sharing is the key part to getting donations on GoFundMe. If you aren’t sharing your fundraiser with your friends and family, then it’s likely not going to get donations.
10. Invite team members
Adding team members to your fundraiser can help you succeed. Team fundraisers have been shown to raise up to three times as much money as individuals, and team members:
i. Can help spread the word
ii. Can post updates and thank donors
iii. Cannot withdraw funds or edit the story
iv. Enter your team member’s email addresses and click “send invite” to ask them to join your team.
Your fundraiser is now live, and you can begin raising funds. For direct advice and tips from other GoFundMe organizers.
11. Managing your fundraiser
You should be directed to your dashboard now. It is important to note that you must set up the withdrawals (or invite the beneficiary to do so) in order for the funds raised to be deposited into the correct bank account.
You can do so here or by waiting for an email from GoFundMe.
Otherwise, you’ll manage all aspects of your fundraiser from the dashboard. Edit your story, promote your fundraiser, provide an update, and invite donors. It’s all right here!
Things to Remember About GoFundMe – Create Gofundme Account
‣ GoFundMe is one of the best personal crowdfunding platforms out there, but there are a few things to keep in mind, particularly with the donations themselves.
‣ GoFundMe is free. You do not need to pay anyone to set up a campaign for you. You can absolutely do this yourself!
‣ If your donors use a credit card or debit card to donate, they will be subject to a transaction fee of 2.9% plus $0.30 per transaction that goes to GoFundMe‘s payment processor.
‣ You’ll also need to put in the person’s name you’re raising money for, whether that’s yourself or someone else. If you are raising money for someone else, designate a beneficiary.
‣ Your beneficiary must live in the same country that you do (e.g. You cannot live in America and have a Canadian beneficiary).
‣ Crowdfunding sites aren’t the only way to get financial assistance for the things you need. The Mobility Specialists at United Access are trained to find resources and assistance for our customers. Whether you need help purchasing a wheelchair van or just need a list of mobility resources, United Access is here for you.
‣ Visit the official website for detailed information https://www.gofundme.com
Create gofundme Account and raise money because gofundme is a safe and secure platform for giving and raising money. Our team of specialists works hard to make sure that funds get to the intended recipient, every time.
We believe this article was helpful, if yes, don’t hesitate to share this information with your friends on social platforms.