How to recover Your hacked WhatsApp account on Android 2021
As we all know, WhatsApp is a messaging platform owned by Facebook and it has over 2 billion users worldwide. Additionally, it offers end-to-end encrypted chatting experiences.However, it is a fact that there is a possibility of hacking into another account. These kinds of swindlers are active among us too.
Fraudsters will apply various tricks to the OTP number required to access your account. This way, if we pass the verification code, the account can be hacked easily.
Before you talk about how to recover your hacked WhatsApp account on Android 2021, we should point out that there are two categories of people here.
- Those WhatsApp users who never set up the two-factor authentication and so do not have the six-digit WhatsApp activation code.
- The category who did set it up, but then mistakenly divulged it to fraudsters only to realise later that their account had been hacked.
Moreso, they are steps for both sets of users to recover a hacked WhatsApp account but here what you should take note of. Fraudsters will use any and every means to get sensitive details like your six-digit WhatsApp activation code or an OTP sent to your mobile line. No matter the reason given, when an OTP that you did not request is sent to your device, delete it immediately and do not divulge to anyone.
If the hacker is accessing your account from another device, they cannot read past WhatsApp messages because of the end-to-end encryption but they can initiate new chats. Beyond stealing sensitive information while chatting with your contacts, hackers could also take it a step further to defraud your friends and acquaintances in your name.
How to recover Your hacked WhatsApp account on Android 2021?
- Log out of your WhatsApp messenger or uninstall and re-install and login again using your phone Number
- A six-digit code will be sent to your phone number via sms. Enter the code.
- This logs you into your account immediately, and the hacker will be logged out automatically.
- After recovering your account ensure to set up two-step verification on your WhatsApp account and provide an email address in case you forget your PIN.
Also note that If you receive an email to reset the two-step verification PIN or registration code but you cant remember requesting for it, don’t click on the link. Someone could be attempting to access your phone number on WhatsApp.
How do I secure my WhatsApp messenger account?
As stated above, Do not share your confirmation code with anyone to protect your WhatsApp account from hackers and other issues. Also, don’t forget to enable two-step verification to safely manage WhatsApp.
Important of Two step Verification on Your WhatsApp
The Two-step verification protects your account even if someone interferes with your SIM card or verification code. This is an additional security step that works just like the password for your WhatsApp account. This type of hacking can be prevented by two-step testing. People who use this system can recover even if your account is hacked.
Leave a Reply