Are you fed up with MTN using the airtime you purchased for calls to auto-renewal your data subscription without prior notice? It can be annoying sometimes, especially when you are low on funds and you have an important call to make.
How to Stop MTN Data Auto-Renewal Using MyMTN App
Download the MyMTN App and complete the installation process on your phone. Then log in to the MyMTN App. Next, supply your MTN number, then locate ‘My Subscription’ on the app’s interface. The next step is to click on the ‘Toggle Off Auto-Renewal’ button, completing the process by clicking on ‘Turn Off’. This means you’ve successfully stopped MTN data auto-renewal on your line.
How to Stop MTN Data Auto-Renewal Using USSD Code
To cancel auto-renewal for MTN data plans using USSD, simply dial ‘*131#’, then proceed to select 1 for ‘Data Plans’. Next, select from the list of available data plans. Complete the process by pressing 2 to select ‘one-off’ so that your data subscription does not renew when it expires.
To cancel auto-renewal for MTN social media bundles simply dial ‘*662#’ or ‘*131*3#’ and follow the prompt.
How to Stop MTN Data Auto-Renewal Using Web
Visit https://www.mtn.ng/. Proceed to input your username and password. The next step is to input your MTN phone number and supply the OTP numbers that would be sent to your phone. Then, scroll to ‘My Subscription’, and select ‘Data Bundle’. Complete the process by toggling off the auto-renewal button.
Steps to Activate One-time Purchase Using 180
- Dial 180 using your MTN number to connect to zigi
- Press 1 to find out your auto-renewal status
- Press 2 to activate or cancel auto-renewal
- Press 2 to cancel the auto-renewal
At this point, your data renewal option will be canceled and the one-time purchase option activated.
How to Activate One-Time Purchase Using MyMTN Web
MyMTN web is an online platform that is designed to render MTN services to customers. The web page can also be used to cancel subscription auto-renewals. Here are some of the processes customers can follow to achieve this using the platform:
- Go to the MyMTN web platform
- Input the username and password
- Enter your phone number
- Input the OTP numbers that will be sent to your phone number
- Scroll to my subscription
- Select data bundle
- Then toggle off the auto-renewal button
This process will automatically activate a one-off data purchase.
How to Stop Data Auto-Renewal on MTN via SMS
The SMS method of canceling subscription auto-renewal remains the fastest and easiest method. This process is very useful when you have subscribed to a data plan but mistakenly activated the auto-renewal.
To activate the one-off data subscription through SMS, simply send NoCODE to 131.
How to Cancel Auto-renewal on MTN Through Customer Service
The customer service channels are open for customers who wish to stop their data auto-renewal. The customer representative will demand a few personal details to confirm if you are the owner of the number before going ahead to grant your request.
Below are the quick steps to speaking with an MTN customer representative:
- Dial 180 using your mobile phone
- Wait for about 3 seconds and press 2
- After about 3 seconds, press 9
- In the next 3 seconds, press 6
- Then press 0 to transfer to a customer care agent online
Then you can place your request for subscription auto-renewal cancellation.
How to Stop MTN Daily Auto-Renewal
MTN daily subscription can be stopped using the steps provided above. For clarity, you can stop your daily auto-renewal by following the steps below:
- Dial *131# on your MTN number
- From the provided options, select the subscription you wish to activate
- If you wish to activate the data plan, press 1
- Press 8 to select ‘Manage Data’
- Press 3 from the list of options to select Cancel Auto-Renewal.
- Click on the daily subscription to cancel the auto-renewal
At this point, you are done with canceling the daily subscription plan auto-renewal.