Here is a guide on How To Use Google To Monitor and Protect Your Children’s Internet Activities From Anywhere
Following the recent happening on social media especially the news of the leaked s*x video of the teenage Chrisland Secondary school girl.
There’s need for parents to Use Google To Monitor and Protect Your Children’s Internet Activities From Anywhere in the world.
Meanwhile, the news about the Chrisland Secondary school girl broke when the video which is said to have been hidden from public for about two months surfaced on the internet. It is said that the incident occurred since two months ago but the school authority had kept it out of public. How it was leaked is another gist for another day.
It is assumed that the little girl learnt what she displayed from the internet, which brings us to the reason why I’m making this post.
As parents, it is important we monitor what our children do with their Android phones. Yes, we can not be checking their phones every minute but we can monitor their activities from our own phones.
If you must get your children Android Portable Devices, you need to follow the steps below to be safe:
- Register a gmail account for them with the correct age and with your email as the parent.
- Install Google Family Link on your own phone.
- Add their registered e-mail to your Google Family Link.
- Factory Reset their android device if they already have one then login the device with their own gmail account that is linked to your Google Family Link.
- You can lock their device from anywhere.
- You can set a start and stop time for their device usage, the phone will lock when it gets to that time even if you forget.
- YouTube will not allow them see adult content too.
- There is also YKids, which is YouTube for Kids, I recommend you remove the normal YouTube and give them YKids.
- From your Google Family Link, you can see how long they stayed on each app or page to warn them where necessary.
- You will see as much as major details of the app.
With this, you can monitor your children’s online activities from any where in the world. You can turn off their internet connection from anywhere.
Leave a Reply