International Women’s Day is celebrated every year on March 8. The global day to celebrate the social, economic, cultural, and political achievements of women
The theme of 2021 is Let’s all choose to challenge. “We can all choose to challenge and call out gender bias and inequality. We can all choose to seek out and celebrate women‘s achievements. Collectively, we can all help create an inclusive world. From challenge comes change, so let’s all choose to challenge,”
To celebrate International Women’s Day 2021, check out some wishes and words of encouragement that you can share with the women in your life:
- For every pregnant mother, who still cradles her little one safe inside,
For every mother of little ones, who never has a moment alone,
For every mother of grown ones, who misses the commotion and chaffeuring,
You are loved!
- wish you a life filled with love, happiness, friendship, and success! You are a great example to us all, so never change. Happy Women’s Day!”.
- “The more I know you, the more certain I become that you must be some sort of superhero. You amaze me every single day. Happy Women’s Day! Xoxo!”.
- “Your generosity and humbleness have taken you a long way and you deserve every great thing coming your way. Have a great Women’s Day!”.
- “You have shown me the meaning of what being a real woman is and I really appreciate it, my friend. I wish you a Women’s Day filled with joy!”.
- “Have a great Women’s Day and enjoy it with much laughter and in the company of great people. You rock, my friend! Xoxo!”.
- “I believe that destiny is why we met and why we became such great friends in the first place. I always want you to be a part of my life. Happy Women’s Day!”.
- “I consider myself incredibly lucky for having met you. Ever since you are a part of my life, things are going better, so thank you and have a beautiful Women’s Day”.
- “Today is going to be a great day, I can feel it in my bones and I hope that you enjoy it just as much. Happy Women’s Day, my friend”.
- “I believe that one day, we will get the recognition and appreciation we deserve as women, we just need to keep on fighting for it. Happy Women’s Day to all of you out there!”.
- “I admire to see how you fight every day to reach your goals, so besides being my great love, you are my great example to follow. Congratulations on Women’s Day!
Prayers to Encourage, Uplift & Bless All Women in Your Life
- Dear Father, we approach your throne on behalf of our mothers, sisters, and women in our lives whom you have entrusted with the care of your most precious little ones. We thank you for creating each mom with a unique combination of gifts and talents. We thank you for the sacrifice of self each mom gives for her children. For the late nights spent rocking a colicky infant. For the hands calloused from washing, wiping, scrubbing, mixing, backing, stirring, hugging, patting, disciplining, holding, writing, erasing, painting, and pouring.
- We thank you for the gift of time moms give for their kids, whether it’s stay-at-home moms, working moms, and moms who have some combination of the two. We thank you for the flexibility of moms, for their tirelessness, their perseverance, and their devotion.
- We pray you give each mom strength. Help her to see in every mundane task the eternal, cosmic significance that you place on motherhood. Help her to understand that the most radical, world-changing events may be happening anonymously in her home. Help her to forgive those who undermine her significance.
- We especially pray for single moms, who must lean solely on you for the fathering of their children. We thank you that you’re big arms surround children who may never know their earthly father. We also pray for mothers who never had the honor of bearing children, but whose nurturing extends to the many poor and needy who crass the threshold of their lives.
- May you know that you are wildly loved by your Father, just as you are. Not because of what you accomplished today, or didn’t. Or how you feel about God at this moment, or whether you complained, or spent time reading your bible, or messed up in the worst way, or celebrated a victory. He adores you, just because
- May you feel equipped to tackle every challenge, every situation, and every day with courage and joy even if you have to “start over”
- Lord, I thank you for my mother. I pray that you would give her good health. We speak against any illness or diseases in Jesus’ name. What has already been diagnosed and what has yet to manifest, let it all be healed in Jesus’ name. Good health will be my mother’s portion. She will live long, and declare your goodness in the land of the living. In the mighty name of Jesus.
- Give her more and more divine wisdom as she ages. May that wisdom be poured out on us and on our children. Father, let the pits that she has fallen in not be the same pits that her children will fall in. Whatever has caused her to stumble, by her wisdom, generations will evade.
- Father God, I pray for my mother. Lord, keep her in perfect peace. Grant her peace that surpasses all understanding. Whatever arrows of the enemy are fired to steal her peace will not touch her. May her mind be steadfast on you.
Nothing will shake her focus from your goodness. In the name of Jesus, all bearers of bad news are cancelled. Give my mother peace in life’s storms. May her heart be still in you. Lord, give her grace to fully trust in you. Her faith will be unshaken. It will be unshakeable. In the mighty name of Jesus. Amen