Job Vacancy : Apply for Loan Officer at Microfinance Bank
Memento Microfinance Bank (MMFB) is a Tier 1 Unit microfinance bank licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) and committed to the economic growth and empowerment of Nigerian individuals and small/medium sized businesses.
MMFB is a digital bank, offering products and services that are tailored to meet customers’ needs; cutting across micro savings, micro loans, investments, capacity building and financial advisory services. MMFB was licensed in 2021 and is in preparation to formally launch operations in Q2 2022.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Loan Officer
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full – Time
Reports To: Head of Credit / Risk Management & Marketing
- Loan officers evaluate and authorize the approval of loans and are involved in the recovery of loans.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have clearly demonstrated strong leadership skills, results orientation and be able to interpret the corporate vision into growth strategies and profitable operations.
- Meet with loan applicants to identify their needs and collect information for loan applications.
- Analyse active loan files on a regular basis and recommend solutions to speed up the loan process.
- Complete loan contracts and teach clients on policies and regulations.
- Meet and communicate with applicants to explain the risks and benefits, as well as the terms of loan products and government regulations.
- Obtain relevant information and evaluate applicants’ financial status, including credit history, debt-to-income ratio, and appraisal reports, to determine recommendation for loan approval.
- Determine all applicable ratios and metrics and set up debt payment plans.
- Providing strategic recommendations to the CEO and members of the executive management team.
- Perform business development tasks, including managing the pipeline by generating leads and referral business, and maintaining relationships with existing and past clients.
- Any other duties and responsibilities which may be required from time to meet the objectives of MMFB.
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
- Minimum of 2 years work experience within the financial services industry, including proven extensive and relevant loan portfolio management experience.
- Communication skills – verbal, non-verbal and written.
- Self-starter and very organized, with strong attention to detail.
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity and able to work efficiently and effectively across multiple teams.
- Must be able to work in a high-velocity, high performance environment.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload and delegate accordingly.
- Some knowledge of data analytics and reporting – excellent problem-solving skills; analytical and structured in his/her thinking.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply