Landmark University Postgraduate Admission Form For The 2023/2024 Academic Session
Exciting News! Landmark University is now selling the postgraduate admission forms for the 2023/2024 academic session. If you are considering pursuing a postgraduate program at this esteemed institution, you’ve come to the right place. This article will provide you with all the necessary information about the Landmark University Postgraduate admission form for 2023/2024, the application procedure, available postgraduate programs, and more. Stay with us as we delve into the details of these topics.
The School of Postgraduate Studies at Landmark University is delighted to announce the commencement of the sales of postgraduate admission forms for the 2023/2024 academic session. The university’s management wholeheartedly encourages all interested and qualified individuals to seize this opportunity by purchasing the admission form and applying for admission. Landmark University offers exceptional postgraduate studies at the Master of Phil, Ph.D., and Postgraduate Diploma levels. Keep reading to discover the admission requirements for the various postgraduate programs available at Landmark University.
To be considered eligible for admission to the postgraduate level at Landmark University, candidates must fulfill the following criteria. Please note that the admission requirements vary based on the program.
- Doctoral (Ph.D.) Degree Programmes
Applicants for a doctoral degree must hold a Master’s degree from Landmark University or any other university recognized by the Landmark University Senate. The Master’s degree should be in a field relevant to the chosen program. Additionally, candidates should have achieved:
- An average score of at least 60% (3.5 CGPA) in their Master’s degree program.
- Between 55% and 59% to qualify for the M.Phil. Ph.D. track.
- Between 50% and 54% to qualify for the M.Phil. Program.
Candidates are required to include their academic transcripts and recommendations from two academic referees at their previous institution with their applications. The Ph.D. program has a minimum duration of six (6) semesters and a maximum of ten (10) semesters for full-time candidates. Completion of a thesis is mandatory for Ph.D. candidates.
- Master’s Degree Programs
To be eligible for a Master’s degree program, candidates must:
- Possess at least a Second Class Lower Honors Degree from Landmark University or any other university recognized by the Senate, in a relevant discipline to their intended course of study.
- Hold a Third Class Bachelor’s degree along with a good PGD (Postgraduate Diploma).
- Have an HND (minimum of Merit grade) and a PGD.
Candidates should attach their academic transcripts and recommendations from two academic referees at their previous institution to their applications.
The Master’s degree program requires a minimum of three (3) semesters and a maximum of five (5) semesters for full-time candidates. Students will need to complete a dissertation before graduation.
Postgraduate Diploma Programs
To gain admission into the Postgraduate Diploma programs, candidates must:
- Possess five (5) credit passes, including English, Mathematics, and three other relevant subjects at the ‘Ó’ level.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with at least a Third Class Degree in the relevant discipline.
- Have an HND in relevant programs from approved institutions with a minimum of a Pass in the subjects.
Candidates should ensure to attach their academic transcripts and recommendations from two academic referees at their previous institution to their applications. The Postgraduate Diploma program has a minimum duration of two (2) semesters and a maximum of four (4) semesters for full-time candidates.
How to Apply for Landmark University Postgraduate Admission Form 2023/2024
Follow these simple guidelines to successfully apply for the Landmark University postgraduate program:
- Complete the online Application Form:
- Fill out the online application form with accurate and relevant information.
- Attach the required credentials/certificates, including the National Youth Service Corps Discharge or Exemption Certificate, as applicable.
- Submit printed copies:
- Print out the completed Application Form.
- Make three (3) photocopies of the attached credentials.
- Submit the printed Application Form and photocopies of credentials in triplicate to the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Landmark University, Omu-Aran.
- Application approval:
- Note that no person shall be admitted to a course unless their application has been approved by the Board of School of Postgraduate Studies on behalf of the Senate.
- The approval is based on the recommendation of the appropriate Departmental Postgraduate Board, ensuring that the expected requirements for admission have been satisfied.
- Oath of Allegiance:
- All new students who are non-graduands of Landmark University, Omu-Aran, are required to take the Oath of Allegiance to the University.
Available Postgraduate Programs at Landmark University
College of Business and Social Sciences:
- Accounting: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Business Administration (with options in Business Administration, Management, and Entrepreneurship including MBA)
- Sociology: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Political Science: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Banking and Finance: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Economics: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- International Relations: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
College of Agricultural Sciences:
- Agricultural Economics: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Crop Science: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Soil Science: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Animal Science: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
College of Engineering:
- Agricultural and Bio-Systems Engineering: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Mechanical Engineering: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Electrical & Information Engineering: M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Chemical Engineering: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Civil Engineering: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
College of Pure and Applied Sciences:
- Biochemistry: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Computer Science: M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Industrial Chemistry: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Mathematics: M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Microbiology: PGD/M.Sc/Ph.D.
- Physics: M.Sc/Ph.D.
We hope that this information has provided you with the details you need on the available postgraduate programs at Landmark University. If you have any further inquiries, please feel free to share them with us through the comment box, and we will respond accordingly.