LASU Medical Screening: Comprehensive Guidelines And Requirements
The University Health Services has commenced the mandatory medical screening process for all newly admitted students for the academic year 2022/2023. Lagos State University (LASU) officially notifies all new students about their scheduled appointment for the medical screening, which will begin on Monday, June 19, 2023.
To ensure a smooth process, students will be scheduled in batches of 50 to 70 per day until the completion of the screening exercise. It is expected that incoming students strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- Medical History Questionnaire: Participants may be required to provide information about their medical background, previous illnesses, surgeries, prescribed medications, and any ongoing medical conditions.
- Physical Examination: A comprehensive physical examination will be conducted by a medical practitioner. This includes measuring vital signs such as body temperature, blood pressure, heart rate, and respiration rate. Other body systems may also be evaluated for an overall health assessment.
- Laboratory Tests: Participants may be requested to provide blood or urine samples for laboratory testing. These tests help assess various aspects of health, such as blood cell counts, cholesterol levels, infectious diseases, and the identification of any underlying medical conditions.
- Additional Tests: Depending on specific criteria, additional tests such as electrocardiograms (ECGs), chest X-rays, vision and hearing tests, among others, may be conducted as part of the screening process.
How to Print LASU Medical Screening Date:
- Visit the LASU website to access the portal for printing the scheduled medical examination date.
- Required Documents for LASU Medical Screening:
- Printed copy of the medical screening scheduled date.
- Two (2) recent passport photographs.
- Copy of receipt of payment for the medical screening.
- Writing materials.
- Facemask and Hand Sanitizer.
Note: In case of missing the scheduled date, students should visit the DICT (Directorate of Information and Communication Technology) to reschedule. Parents, staff members, former pupils, and friends are not allowed in the screening area.
If you have any questions or need further clarification regarding the scheduling for the LASU Medical Screening for New Students, please feel free to post your query in the comment box, and we will be glad to assist you.