Asharami Energy Limited (a Sahara Group upstream Company) is one of Africa’s leading independent E &P players with a diverse portfolio of 9 oil and gas assets in prolific basins across Africa. Asharami Energy Limited and Sahara Energy Fields Holdings UK limited are the entities at the forefront of our upstream operations.
These assets are at various stages of development ranging from exploratory fields to mature producing fields with huge potential for positive returns.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Technologist
Job type: Full Time
- Asharami Energy is seeking a highly-skilled mechanical technologist to work with our engineering team.
- The role includes updating service, repair records, maintaining our machinery, and running diagnostic tests on machinery and equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- The individual must exhibit solid knowledge of mechanical performance standards and experience in a similar field of specialization.
Equipment and Plant Management:
- Carries out routine maintenance and testing activities
- Completes fault-finding and repair of mechanical systems and equipment
- Modifies, repairs or replaces systems and equipment Installs new systems and equipment as required
- Participates in Risk Assessments as part of Integrated Safe System Of Work (ISSOW)/Permit to Work preparation
- Interprets technical drawings and updates with any changes following the installation of new systems and equipment
- Orders spares and consumables as required on an ongoing basis
- Reports any breaches of safety procedures to supervision/ management
- Documenting processes and maintaining mechanical service records
- Actively participates in and promotes company health and safety campaigns, policies and procedures, and ensures personal safety and that of colleagues always.
- Provide support as part of the installation emergency response team
- Prepares reports on work activities
- Training co-workers on the safe and efficient use of mechanical machinery and equipment.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations.
- A Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 8 years experience as a mechanical technician in the Oil & Gas industry.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical engineering designs, installations, maintenance, and repairs.
- Proficiency in mechanical design and diagnostic testing software.
- Exceptional analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Great organizational and time management abilities.
- Willingness to perform mechanical maintenance and repairs outside of business hours.
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online