Nigerian Ports Authority Salary Structure – NPA Salary structure can be accessed below.
The Nigerian Ports Authority is a federal government agency that governs and operates the ports of Nigeria. The major ports controlled by the NPA include: the Lagos Port Complex and Tin Can Island Port in Lagos; Calabar Port, Delta Port, Rivers Port at Port Harcourt, and Onne Port.
Breakdown of the Nigerian Ports Authority Salary Structure
- Counselors monthly salary : ₦180,000 – ₦200,000 per month
- Desk Cadet Officers monthly salary : ₦250,000 – ₦300,000 as salaries per month
- HSE Officers monthly salary : ₦300,000 – ₦400,000 currently
- Control Engineers monthly salary : ₦450,000 – ₦600,000
More information about the NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY (NPA)
FUNCTIONS OF NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY
The following are some of the major functions of the NPA in Nigeria today:
NIGERIAN PORTS AUTHORITY (NPA)
- Ownership and administration of land and water within port limits.
- Planning and development of port operational infrastructure.
- Leasing and concession of port infrastructure and setting bench mark for tariff structure
- Responsible for nautical/Harbour operations and hydrographic survey.
- Marine incidents and pollution
- Maintenance of safety and security at the common user areas.
- Enacting port regulations and bye-laws as well as monitor and enforce them
- Day to day monitoring of operations and enforcement of relevant sections of respective agreements.
- Towage, mooring, bunkering, ship chandelling and ship repairs
- Cargo handling, stevedoring, warehousing and delivery.
- Acquisition of cargo handling and operations related equipment
- Development and maintenance of ports’ superstructure
- Maintenance of safety and security within the terminal
- Federal Ministry Of Transportation
- Policy formulation and planning at national level of basic marine infrastructure.
- International relations.
Leave a Reply