Top 30 List of Loan Defaulters In Nigeria : Welcome to GoldenNewsNg. In this article, we will provide you with a list of the top 20 loan defaulters in Nigeria, as well as their main promoters and current exposure.
Vice President Yemi Osinbajo established a task force in 2019 with the mandate of devising a strategy to recover the N5 trillion owed to the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) by Nigeria’s top loan defaulters.
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU), Independent Corrupt Practices Commission (ICPC), and the Ministry of Justice have been directed by Vice President Yemi Osinbajo to go after loan defaulters in Nigeria.
The top 20 loan defaulters in Nigeria, according to AMCON, owe 67% of the N5 trillion debt.
According to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, the federal government has established a task group to monitor the top 20 debtors on the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria’s list (AMCON).
The federal government has stated that it has redoubled its efforts to collect the N5 trillion debt due by loan defaulters and chronic debtors.
List Of Top 20 Loan Defaulters In Nigeria
The top 20 loan defaulters in Nigeria, according to a report provided by the Assets Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) in October 2019, are listed below.
- Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited is a company that specializes in the exploration and production of oil Ifeanyi Ubah has a net worth of 115,952,152,265.92.
- NICON Investments Limited is a private company based in the United Kingdom. 59,544,633,980.31 Jimoh Ibrahim
- Wale Babalakin (SAN)40,798,422,374.02 Bi-Courtney Limited (MMA2)
- Josepdam & Sons Limited (Josepdam & Sons) is a Mrs. Josephine, Damilola Kuteyi, and Saheed Kuteyi are all deceased. Ganiyu Kuteyi 39,056,674,951.55 Ganiyu Kuteyi 39,056,674,951.55 Ganiyu Kutey
- Cross River State Government 36,006,319,844.68 Tinapa Business Resort
- Savings in the Home Trust Funmu Ademosun, Chukwukadibia Ajaegbu 30,626,243,344.71
- Geometric Power Limited Prof. Barth NnajiNnaji AgathaObibuaru ElumaAnike Paul Nwobodo Benjamin Chukwuemeka, Dozie Chijioke, Akpe Austine, Nnaji Okechukwu, UBA Trustees Limited, Kunoch Limited, Diamond Capital & Financial Market Limited 29,844,500,896.77
- Roygate Properties Limited Wale Babalakin (SAN) Agumadu John Alarape Olabode Okhaleke Ndudi 28,137,176,532.32
- Shell Development Petroleum Company – West Multipurpose Co-operative Society Limited (SPDC)Shell Staff, represented by Ikponmwosa Ogiemuda26,474,541,188.17
- Anyiam Osigwe LimitedAnyiam-Osigwe Dorothy Chinyere20,523,322,350.29
- Platinum CapitalObire RichardFrancis Atuche20,378,820,507.19
- Flotsome Investment LimitedOboden IbruTejiro Ibru20,218,703,550.96
- Lonestar DrillingLate Chief IdisiMargaret Idisi20,207,979,803.22
- Petrologistics LimitedUgoji Egbujo19,576,962,565.35
- Lorna Global ResourcesH.E. Chimaroke Nnamami18,919,109,352.85
- Hosanna Properties LimitedAnionye ChikaObi Ike C.18,059,895,396.27
- Afrijet Airlines LimitedInoelle Willam BarryCarr Collin13,122,022,439.57
- Petroleum Brokers LimitedWilcox Awopuolagha13,076,314,937.26
- Hotel De Island; Kasmal Properties; Island Autos & NacoilKashamu Prince Buruji13,015,595,907.67
List Of Top 30 Loan Defaulters In Nigeria In Tabular Format
|S/N||Obligor Name||Main Promoter(s)||Current Exposure|
|1||Capital Oil & Gas Industries Limited||Ifeanyi Ubah||115,952,152,265.92|
|2||NICON Investments Limited||Jimoh Ibrahim||59,544,633,980.31|
|3||Bi-Courtney Limited (MMA2)||Wale Babalakin (SAN)||40,798,422,374.02|
|4||Josepdam & Sons Limited||Late Mrs. Josephine Damilola KuteyiSaheed KuteyiGaniyu Kuteyi||39,056,674,951.55|
|5||Tinapa Business Resort||Cross River State Government||36,006,319,844.68|
|6||Home Trust Savings||Chukwukadibia AjaegbuFunmu Ademosun||30,626,243,344.71|
|7||Geometric Power Limited||Prof. Barth NnajiNnaji AgathaObibuaru ElumaAnike PaulNwobodo Benjamin Chukwuemeka
UBA Trustees Limited
Diamond Capital & Financial Market Limited
|8||Roygate Properties Limited||Wale Babalakin (SAN)Agumadu JohnAlarape OlabodeOkhaleke Ndudi||28,137,176,532.32|
|9||Shell Development Petroleum Company – West Multipurpose Co-operative Society Limited (SPDC)||Shell Staff, represented by Ikponmwosa Ogiemuda||26,474,541,188.17|
|10||Anyiam Osigwe Limited||Anyiam-Osigwe Dorothy Chinyere||20,523,322,350.29|
|11||Platinum Capital||Obire RichardFrancis Atuche||20,378,820,507.19|
|12||Flotsome Investment Limited||Oboden IbruTejiro Ibru||20,218,703,550.96|
|13||Lonestar Drilling||Late Chief IdisiMargaret Idisi||20,207,979,803.22|
|14||Petrologistics Limited||Ugoji Egbujo||19,576,962,565.35|
|15||Lorna Global Resources||H.E. Chimaroke Nnamami||18,919,109,352.85|
|16||Hosanna Properties Limited||Anionye ChikaObi Ike C.||18,059,895,396.27|
|18||Afrijet Airlines Limited||Inoelle Willam BarryCarr Collin||13,122,022,439.57|
|19||Petroleum Brokers Limited||Wilcox Awopuolagha||13,076,314,937.26|
|20||Hotel De Island; Kasmal Properties; Island Autos & Nacoil||Kashamu Prince Buruji||13,015,595,907.67|
Some Frequently Asked Questions On Loan Defaulters In Nigeria
1. What happens if online loan is not paid in Nigeria?
If you do not pay your online loan in Nigeria, the lending app where you borrowed the money may make your name, BVN, photo, profile details, phone number, and contact information public. When you borrow money through a lending app, they save your contact information in their database, which they may use to blackmail you or publicly disgrace you if you miss your loan repayment.
2. What happens if you don’t pay back a bank loan in Nigeria?
If you fail to repay a bank loan in Nigeria, AMCOM, the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria, may publish your name in a national newspaper if you are among the country’s top loan defaulters. This is after the bank has issued a warning and asked you to return your debt.
3. Can Loan App Block my BVN?
If you default on a loan in Nigeria, your BVN won’t be blocked. They can, however, make public your BVN and other personal information, as well as your contact information that they have acquired from their database, and state that you have paid off your outstanding loan.
4. Can You go to jail for defaulting on a loan in Nigeria?
If you default a loan in Nigeria, you may not immediately go to jail if you are not prosecuted but you can be publicly shamed and your name published in a national newspaper. If you default on a loan app, the platform can publish your photo and personal details to your contacts and the public to shame you and pressure you to repay. However, if you default on a bank, your name may be published if you are among the top loan defaulters.
5. What is the Punishment for Personal Loan Defaulters?
If you default on a personal loan in Nigeria and are not prosecuted, you may not go to jail right away, but you may be publicly disgraced and your name published in the national newspaper. If you default on a loan app, the platform can publicly display your photo and personal information to your connections and the general public in order to embarrass you and force you to repay.
Leave a Reply