Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, Friday 2nd December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A Federal High Court sitting in Uyo, the Akwa Ibom State capital, has sentenced the 2023 governorship candidate of the Young Progressives Party (YPP) Bassey Akpan to 42 years in prison. Bassey, who is also the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Petroleum Upstream, was jailed on Thursday over a bribe he received during his tenure as commissioner in the State.
2. The Labour Party in Ogun State yesterday dismissed the Director-General of the Peter Obi Presidential Campaign Council, Doyin Okupe. Okupe was sacked alongside 10 others for alleged non-financial membership status, high-handedness and financial recklessness.
3. The Federal Government has announced that services along the Abuja–Kaduna rail corridor would resume on Monday, December 5, 2022. The Managing Director of Nigeria Railway Corporation, Fidet Okhiria, told the News Agency of Nigeria, on Thursday that all was set for the resumption of the services.
4. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says God has been so patient with Nigeria. He spoke Thursday in Abuja at the public presentation of a book titled, ‘The LetterMan: Inside the ‘Secret’ Letters of former Nigerian President, Olusegun Obasanjo’, by Premium Times’ Editor-in-Chief, Musikilu Mojeed.
5. The National Union of Local Government Employees on Thursday backed the Federal Government’s stance that State governors were looting local government allocation. President Muhammadu Buhari had said the stunted development experienced at the local government level was caused by governors and local government officials who “pocket” public funds.
6. A 25-year-old man, Godsgift Uweghwerhen, has been arrested for allegedly flogging his three-year-old daughter to death in Aladja community, Udu Local Government Area of Delta State. It was gathered that Uweghwerhen was at home with his family members and neighbours when he saw his daughter coming out of the room of one of his neighbours.
7. The Palace of Aree of Iree in Boripe North Local Council Development Area of Osun, was on Thursday evening vandalised and set on fire by angry youths in the town. The palace was said to have been burnt by youths who were not pleased about the arrest of the Aogun of Iree, Chief Soliu Atoyebi, by security agents on Thursday morning.
8. The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has called for the immediate sack of the Minister for Labour and Productivity, accusing him of complicating the impasse between the Government and the ASUU. Chairman, ASUU, Michael Okpara University of Agriculture Umudike, MOUAU, Professor Chike Ugwuene, who made the demand during a rally by ASUU members, accused Ngige of “divide and rule and pro-rata payment of salaries.”
9. All passengers in an 18-seater bus were reportedly kidnapped at Ochadamu area in Ofu Local Government of Kogi State. An eyewitness stated that the incident happened around 4.pm on Monday at the notorious kidnapping spot at Ochadamu area on the said highway.
10. Vice presidential candidate of Labour Party (LP), Dr. Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed has said he holds nothing against the alleged ill health of the All Progressive Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu. He said it was the same view held by Labour Party’s presidential candidate, Mr. Peter Obi.
Leave a Reply