Nigerian Newspaper Reviews and Naija News today, monday 5th December 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news Reviews from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), on Sunday, failed to make a commitment that he would use Nigerian health facilities if elected president of the country. Atiku was among the Presidential Candidates who featured in the townhall organised by ARISE Television in conjunction with the Centre For Democracy and Development (CDD).
2. Armed men yesterday invaded the Minna, Niger State residence of Mohammed Sani Musa, Senator Representing Niger East Senatorial District in the National Assembly. A resident said that the suspects, numbering about seven, must have trailed the Senator from Abuja after getting information that he was in the State to attend a coronation ceremony.
3. Bandits have attacked a mosque in Maigamji village, along Funtua-Dandume road, Funtua Local Government Area of Katsina, disrupting Isha’i prayer that was being observed by worshippers on Saturday. A former councillor of Maigamji ward in Funtua LGA of Katsina, Alhaji Lawal Maigamji, said when the bandits came, they opened fire on two people, including the Imam leading the prayers.
4. At least 46 people were reportedly abducted by gunmen in attacks on two separate communities in Batsari and Funtua local governments of Katsina State, at the weekend. It was gathered that one person was killed and about 28 people were abducted in Karare village of Batsari Local Government Area.
5. The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday said that its office in Oru West Local Government Area of Imo State has been set ablaze by arsonists. The National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, said this on Sunday in a statement.
6. Crisis appears to be brewing over the ownership of the Kolmani Oil and Gas field as both Bauchi and Gombe States have started laying claims to the oil wells. Officials and residents of the two States have also accused each other of attempting to appropriate the site which is said to contain one billion barrels of crude oil reserves and 500 billion standard cubic feet of gas.
7. Three persons have been confirmed dead in an accident in the Ugheli area of Delta State. It was gathered that the accident happened on Sunday along Evwreni axis of the East West Road, in the Ughelli North Local Government Area of the State.
8. The Association of South East Town Unions (ASETU), has said it would allow Nigerians to make informed choices on which of the presidential candidates to vote for, devoid of tribal and cheap considerations, before announcing its preferred candidate.
9. The Presidency has called on Nigerians at all levels to contribute their quota in the national drive towards ending the HIV/AIDS scourge. Permanent Secretary for the State House, Tijjani Umar, stated this at a one-day sensitisation workshop organised by the State House Medical Centre to mark the 2022 World AIDS Day.
10. Presidential candidates of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, the New Nigerian Peoples Party (NNPP), Dr. Rabiu Musa Kwankwaso and that of the Labour Party, Mr. Peter Obi, on Sunday told Nigerians what each of them would do for the country if given the chance to become president in 2023. The candidates spoke during the Arise News Presidential Town Hall series coordinated from Abuja and Lagos studios of the television station, respectively.
Leave a Reply