Are you a Nigerian undergraduate student seeking financial assistance to further your education? Look no further, as we’ve got you covered with the latest undergraduate scholarship opportunities available for Nigerian students in the 2023-2024 academic session. Scholarships are being awarded to deserving Nigerian students to study undergraduate courses both locally and internationally. In this article, we will provide you with all the essential information you need to know about the ongoing scholarship programs for Nigerian undergraduate students.
Latest Undergraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students: Find the Best Study Opportunities
As the new academic year approaches, universities and institutes around the world are seeking the most talented Nigerian students who possess the necessary qualifications to receive financial aid to pursue a Bachelor’s degree. Nigerian students can apply for various scholarships to study in Nigeria or internationally, and we have compiled a list of the latest available scholarships for Nigerian undergraduate students.
Read Also: Scholarship Opportunities in Nigeria
List of Available Scholarships for Nigerian Undergraduates in 2023-2024
The following are scholarships that Nigerian undergraduate students are eligible to apply for:
- PTDF Scholarship
- SEPLAT Scholarship
- NLNG Scholarship
- Jim Ovia Scholarship
- NLNG Undergraduate Scholarship
- Guinness Scholarship
- Agbami Medical and Engineering Scholarship
- MTN Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Shell Undergraduate Scholarship
- NNPC Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Commonwealth Scholarship For Undergraduate
- SEPLAT Scholarship Application
- MEXT Scholarship Application
- UCAS Scholarship For Undergraduate
- UNICEF Scholarship For Undergraduate
- Total Undergraduate Scholarship
- Chevron Undergraduate Scholarship
- NDDC Undergraduate Scholarship
- DAAD Undergraduate Scholarship
- ExxonMobil Undergraduate Scholarship
- World Bank Undergraduate Scholarship
- CIA Undergraduate Scholarship
- MasterCard Undergraduate Scholarship
- USAID Undergraduate Scholarship
Undergraduate Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for any undergraduate scholarship, you need to meet the necessary requirements specified by the awarding body. While each organization and institute has specific requirements that they request from applicants, there are standard requirements that every undergraduate student aspiring to study abroad should meet.
- Passport Photograph
- WAEC Certificate
- International Passport (if you are studying abroad)
- Reference Letter/Sponsorship Letter
- Local Government of Origin Identification
- O’level Result
- Jamb Result
- Birth Certificate
- National Identification Number (optional in most cases)
If you are planning to study abroad, you need to meet any of these requirements:
- Be an international student
- Be a citizen or resident of an international country outside the awarding body’s own country
- Be from a developing African country -if the scholarship is specifically for students from a developing African country (Nigeria is included)
- Would have already applied and been accepted for undergraduate studies at the university of your choice or at least received a conditional offer.
How to Apply for Undergraduate Scholarship
Each scholarship has a specific application method, which is implemented and overseen by the awarding body. It is important to note that the application process for each scholarship is different, and you need to follow the instructions carefully. Here are a few examples:
Eligibility Requirements for Undergraduate Scholarship
To be eligible for an undergraduate scholarship, there are specific requirements that applicants must meet. Different scholarship programs have their own eligibility criteria, but some standard requirements that most scholarships demand from undergraduate applicants include:
- Academic performance: Applicants must have excellent academic performance and must have completed their secondary education with impressive grades.
- Age: Most undergraduate scholarships have age restrictions. Some scholarship programs require that applicants be between the ages of 16 and 25 years.
- Citizenship: Most scholarships are open only to Nigerian students who are citizens of the country. However, some scholarships allow international students to apply as well.
- Financial need: Some scholarship programs are designed for students who cannot afford the cost of tuition, accommodation, and other expenses. Applicants must show proof of financial need, such as a low income, in order to qualify for such scholarships.
- Field of study: Some scholarships are specific to certain fields of study. For example, there are scholarships for students studying medicine, engineering, law, business, and other fields.
- Language proficiency: Some scholarship programs require that applicants demonstrate proficiency in the language of instruction at the institution they are applying to.
How to Apply for Undergraduate Scholarships
Applying for an undergraduate scholarship requires careful attention to detail, as each scholarship program has its own application process. Some general tips to follow when applying for scholarships include:
- Research: Identify the scholarship programs that match your academic goals and interests. Look for scholarship programs that suit your field of study, level of education, and location.
- Review eligibility requirements: Carefully read through the eligibility requirements of each scholarship program to determine if you qualify. Check to see if you have all the required documents before starting the application process.
- Prepare application materials: Prepare all the necessary documents, such as transcripts, test scores, essays, and recommendation letters. Be sure to follow the guidelines for each scholarship program.
- Submit applications: Submit your completed scholarship applications before the deadline. Be sure to check for any errors or omissions before submitting.
- Follow up: After submitting your application, follow up with the scholarship program to ensure that they have received it. You can also contact the program if you have any questions or concerns.
Undergraduate scholarships provide a great opportunity for Nigerian students to further their education and pursue their academic goals. However, applying for scholarships can be a complex process, and students must carefully research and prepare their applications to increase their chances of success. By following the guidelines outlined in this article, Nigerian students can increase their chances of being awarded a scholarship to study locally or internationally.