The main reason why Simon Ekpa was arrested has been revealed.
Simon Ekpa was arrested at his residence near the Lahti Market Square after threatening to prevent the South East region from participating in the upcoming general elections.
Before his arrest, Simon Ekpa had been calling for a boycott of the 2023 election in the southeast. The call came at a time the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) had since declared a Monday sit-at-home to push for the release of its leader, Nnamdi Kanu. Simon Ekpa took over the broadcast on Radio Biafra from Nnamdi Kanu after the latter was arrested by the Nigerian government led by President Muhammadu Buhari.
Things you should know about Simon Ekpa
1. Simon Ekpa is a Nigerian-Finnish lawyer, political activist, and former athlete. Biafra
2. He was born on March 21, 1985, in Ohaukwu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State. Simon Ekpa’s Arrest
3. In 2003, Ekpa won a silver medal for Nigeria in 100 meters in the African Junior Athletics Championships in Cameroon.
4. He is widely known for spreading fake news and inciting violence in Southeast Nigeria, through his broadcast and sit-at-home orders.
5. The arrested pro-Biafra agitator has lived in Lahti, Finland since 2007.
6. He is a member of the National Coalition Party of Finland and was a candidate in the 2022 Finnish county elections.
7. Ekpa gained visibility after he became the lead broadcaster for Radio Biafra following the arrest of the leader of the Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.
Leave a Reply