Youth Leadership Debate 2022 (Winners To Get N1.5m) Direct Link To Apply and simple guide to apply can be accessed below.
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) announced The Youth Leadership Debate 2022, its latest project, on Thursday. Youth Leadership Debate 2022 application form is now available online for interested students. see below for eligibility, the value of the award, requirements, application deadline/closing date and how to apply.
A leadership debate has staked up to N1.5 million to be won across Nigerian tertiary institutions.
The programme is a component of the NYFF, a $5 million fund seeded by the Ford Foundation and MacArthur Foundation to support and strengthen the youth leadership ecosystem in Nigeria.
Youth Leadership Debate 2022 (Winners To Get N1.5m) How To Apply
About Youth Leadership Debate 2022
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) announced The Youth Leadership Debate 2022, its latest project, on Thursday.
It said the debate is meant to provide capacity building to select young people across tertiary institutions in Nigeria.
The NYFF also disclosed that the competition will shape the vision of the youth for Nigeria ahead of the 2023 election through dialogues.
The debate will engage undergraduate university and tertiary-level students across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria through an online campaign and campus tour that will foster policy conversations.
Its entries will focus on such areas as employment & education; media, sports, & entertainment; health; peace building & security; ICT and entrepreneurship; climate change & environment; and civic participation.
Value Of Awards
Below are some of the cash prizes to be won.
- First position – N1,500,000 + other benefits
- Second position – N1,000,000 + other benefits
- Third position– N600,000 + other benefits
How To Apply For Youth Leadership Debate 2022
- Go to the NYFF application portal via https://nigeriayouthfund.org/.
- Follow the procedure provided on the portal to apply.
- Finally, wait for debate date to be announced.
Youth Leadership Debate Competition Guidelines
- A team of 3 to 4 students from same tertiary institution apply by sending in a video of not more than 5 mins with 2 debaters addressing any socioeconomic issue from the 7 thematic areas
- Video should be uploaded on any social media platform, and the link to the video should be provided on the application form
- Evidence, such as course forms, of each team member enrolled in the institution would be required
- Debate entries should be focused on the following thematic areas: Employment and Education, Media, Sport and Entertainment, Health, Peace building and Security, ICT and Entrepreneurship, Climate Change and Environment, Civic participation.
Debate Application Deadline
18 July 2022
The deadline for application is 18 July 2022. The competition is expected to run from July to August 2022.
Why the Youth Leadership Debate Competition 2022?
Institutions of higher learning have a leading role in providing solutions to myriad of challenges facing the economy and shaping the economy through cutting edge research and innovative activities.
Hence, the universities should serve as a hub where young people are provided holistic and robust support, engaged in intellectual debates that have national relevance and young people are empowered to solve socio economic issues.
Hence, the goal of the Youth Leadership Debates competition is to provide capacity building to select young people across tertiary institutions and support them to critically evaluate information, to advocate from the point of knowledge, and to collectively shape their vision for Nigeria, hence equipping them to be active citizens.
The programme will engage university and tertiary-level students across the six geo-political zones in Nigeria through an online campaign and campus tour that will foster policy debates on key socio economic issues and inspire active youth participation in electoral and decision-making processes – especially in light of the 2023 general elections.
The debates will be centered around the theme #TheNigeriaWeWant.