This article contains 48 List of Private Nigerian Universities that Give Admission Without JAMB 2021.
GoldenNewsNg gathered that In Nigeria, a lot of students find it difficult to reach the cut off mark of JAMB and this deprives them the chance to enter the university. It is then they try other ways to gain admission that are approved by the Nigerian Universities Commission (NUC). Using Private universities as a case study, there are ways to gain admission without using JAMB.
If you still don’t understand the meaning and importance of JAMB , Kindly read below :
What is JAMB
The Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. The body was empowered by Federal Government to conduct matriculation examinations for entry into all polytechnics and colleges of education in the country and to place suitably qualified candidates in the available places in these institutions.
Now that we’ve explained the meaning and the importance of JAMB, See List Of Nigerian Private Universities That Give Admission Without Jamb 2021
We have listed all approved universities that you can join without having to write JAMB in the Nigeria. These schools have other programs that can help you gain admission and graduate with a degree certificate.
- Achievers University, Owo
- Adeleke University, Ede
- Afe Babalola University, Ado Ekiti,Ekiti State
- African University Science & Technology, Abuja
- Ajayi Crowther University, Ibadan
- Al Hikmah University, Ilorin
- American University Of Nigerian, Yola
- Babcock University, Ilishn Remo
- Baze University
- Bells University Of Technolgy, Otta
- Benson Idahosa University, Benin City
- Bingham University, New Karu
- Bowen University, Iwo
- Caleb University, Lagos
- Caritas University, Enugu
- CETEP City University, Lagos
- Covenant University, Ota
- Crawford University Igbesa
- Crescent University
- Elizade University, Ilara Mokin
- Evangel University, Akaeze Mountain University, Osogbo
- Godfrey Okoye University, Ugwuomu Nike,Enugu State
- Gregory University, Uturu
- Igbinedion University Okada
- Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji Arakeji
- Kastina University, Kastina
- Landmark University, Omu Aran
- Lead City University, Ibadan
- Madonna University, Okija
- Macpherson University, Seriki Sotaya, Ajebo
- Nigerian Turkish Nile University, Abuja
- Novena University, Ogume
- Obong University, Ipetumodu, Osun State
- Pan African University, Lagos
- Paul University Awka anambra State
- Redeemers Universiy, Mowe
- Renaissance University, Enugu
- Rhema University, Obeama Asa Rivers State
- Salem University, Lokoja
- Samuel Adegboyega University, Ogwa
- Southwestern University, Oku Owa
- Tansian University, Umuya
- University Of Mkar, Mkar
- Veritas University
- Wellspring University, Evbuobanosa Edo State
- Wesley Univ. Of Science & Tech., Ondo
- Western Delta University, Oghara
- Wukari Jubilee University, Wukari
Now lets talk about the Ways To Enter Private Universities Without Writing JAMB
Some of the ways to gain admission into a private university in Nigeria include IJMB, Pre-degree, JUPEB, Cambridge A’ level, etc.
1. Using The IJMB Programme To Gain Admission Into A Private University Without JAMB
The IJMB is an acronym that stands for Interim Joint Admission Matriculation Board. It is one of the best ways to get admitted into a Nigerian university without getting to write JAMB. The IJMB is a pre-degree that was initiated by the Ahmadu Bello University, then supported by the NUC( Nigerian universities Commission) . Of recent, private universities have now been incorporated into the programme. This entails that students that fail to get admission via JAMB have an alternative route. The IJMB runs an educational curriculum that is approved by the Nigerian Universities commission. When a private university aspirant completes this program, he/she can apply for 200 level of the course he intends to study.
The Interim Joint Matriculation Board have a lot of centres that are scattered all across the nation in different states. Since it’s establishment, have expanded their reach to almost all the universities, including polytechnics and colleges of education. The original objective of the IJMB was to help northern students with low grades in JAMB to have an alternative way of being admitted into a university. It turns out; they are not the only ones who need a remedial program. There are lots of candidates in Nigeria that need an alternative to JAMB in other to gain admission. The IJMB now cuts across institutions in the East, west and southern parts of Nigeria.
So, if you have lesser chances of getting admission into a Nigerian private university through JAMB, then make IJMB a must-choose.
2. Using The Pre-Degree Programme To Gain Admission Into A Private University Without JAMB
The pre-degree is another remedial program that is similar to the IJMB. This program allows aspiring private university students to get admission without JAMB. When a candidate completes the Pre-degree programme, he/she would offer admission into 100 level in his /her applying private university. The O level results of the private university candidate would have to be complete for the application to proceed. Also, bear in mind that the result of your pre-degree programme is only valid of one year.
It takes a duration of 7 to 12 months to do pre-degree program. It would be important to note that the certification awarded in the predegree programme cannot be used to equated with a university degree- BA or BsC. This program is another sure route to gain admitted into a Nigerian Private university.
3. Getting Admitted Into A Nigerian University Without JUPEB Programme.
JUPEB is a sure way to gain admission without Jamb into a private university If you are tired of writing JAMB multiple times. JUPEB is a certified 9-month program that is moderated by the university of lagos. The JUPEB program has different coordinating bodies across Africa. It was originally designed for candidates that cannot secure admission into regular degree programmes for one reason or the other. The way forward for you want to use the JUPEB platform is to register for it. Simply get your O’level results ready and register online with your preferred private university.
After completing the JUPEB program, you would be awarded a certificate, which you would use to get admission via direct entry. With the JUPEB certificate, you would gain admission into second year in the private university of your choosing.