African Youth: Apply for $5,000 Grant to Support Your Climate Mobility Solution following the guideline below.
The African Climate Mobility Initiative (ACMI) is offering an exciting opportunity for young individuals and youth-led organizations in Africa to receive funding support for climate mobility projects. Climate mobility, which involves climate-induced migration and forced displacement, is a significant concern in Africa, and this initiative aims to empower young change-makers to address this issue. Here are the key details you need to know:
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18-35.
- Individuals or youth-led organizations and groups are eligible to apply.
- Collaborative proposals with registered youth organizations are encouraged.
- Migrant and displaced youth living in Africa or those born in Africa are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Eligible projects can receive funding of up to $5,000 per project.
- Funding is provided for a one-year period.
- The funding initiative is supported by the Robert Bosch Stiftung.
Projects should focus on climate resilience in disaster-prone areas and address the needs of climate migrants, displaced individuals, refugees, and those at risk of displacement. Proposals should align with at least one of the following thematic areas:
- Addressing loss and damage.
- Climate literacy in disaster-prone and vulnerable communities.
- Storytelling and art for climate awareness.
- Ecosystem restoration in disaster-prone areas.
- Green jobs in vulnerable communities and for IDPs, refugees, migrants, and youth.
- Policy and advocacy.
- The application deadline is October 30, 2023, at 23:59 East Africa Time (EAT).
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, follow these steps:
- Fill out the online application (Application Link) form with detailed information about your project and its alignment with the fund’s criteria.
- Attach the required documents, including a project budget, implementation plan, and any additional supporting materials.
The evaluation of applications will be based on several criteria, including:
- Relevance to climate resilience in disaster-prone areas.
- Innovation and creativity in addressing climate-induced migration and forced displacements.
- Active involvement of youth-led organizations, groups, or individuals between the ages of 18 and 35.
- Alignment with the specified thematic areas.
- Feasibility and sustainability.
- Collaboration and partnerships with registered or unregistered youth organizations.
- Impact and scalability.
- Monitoring and evaluation plans.
This initiative provides an excellent opportunity for young Africans to make a positive impact and drive change in their communities. If you’re passionate about addressing climate mobility challenges and meet the eligibility criteria, consider applying and be part of the solution to climate-induced migration and displacement in Africa.
For more details and to access the application form, you can [click here](insert the application link). Be sure to review all application requirements and guidelines before submitting your proposal.