Apply for GAIN MMicroGrant Funding : The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), a Swiss-based foundation, is inviting women and youth-led agribusinesses, farmers’ associations, and cooperatives to apply for its Microgrant Funding Opportunity. This opportunity is focused on nutritious food businesses with products such as Vitamin A Maize, Vitamin A Cassava, and Orange-Fleshed Sweet Potato, operating in Kaduna, Benue, Nasarawa, and Oyo states in Nigeria.
Background: Agribusinesses play a crucial role in Nigeria’s economy, contributing significantly to employment generation, food security, and overall economic development. However, access to finance has been a persistent challenge for agribusinesses in the country, limiting their growth and potential impact. High-interest rates offered by banks and financial institutions have been a significant barrier for agribusinesses seeking loans in Nigeria. Through its Strengthening Nutrition in Priority Staples Project, GAIN aims to provide over 30 nutritious food businesses in Nigeria with an opportunity to access micro-grant funding.
Eligibility Criteria for GAIN MicroGrant Funding:
- The founder of the business or association applying must be 18 years of age or older as of May 2023 and must reside in Nigeria.
- Applicants must operate in the following target groups: Food Processors, Farmer’s Associations, or Cooperative Societies, with a focus on youth-led and women-led businesses.
- The interested individual applicants must be operating businesses within the value chains of Vitamin A Cassava, Vitamin A Maize, and Orange-Fleshed Sweet Potato.
- Businesses must be registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) for a minimum of one year, while group applicants must be registered with CAC for a minimum of three years.
The GAIN Micro-Grant Funding aims to provide equity-free grants to nutritious food businesses operating in the specified value chains in Kaduna, Benue, Nasarawa, and Oyo States. The micro-grant program will provide equity-free grants of N3,000,000 (Three million naira) to 33 selected businesses across the four project states.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is November 12, 2023.
For more details and to apply, you can visit [https://gainhealth.surveycto.com/collect/gain_microgrant_application?caseid=]
To learn more about the Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), please visit their website. HERE
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and please feel free to share this information with those who may benefit from this funding opportunity in the agribusiness sector.
YOU MAY ALSO :
- U.S. Department of Education Grants
- Travel Grants for African Youth (Specifically Nigeria)