Matching Grants Fund for Agribusiness
Matching Grants Fund for Agribusiness (MGF) – Unlock Funding for Innovative Agribusiness Projects
If you are actively involved in the cocoa, maize, or livestock (cattle, sheep, goats) sectors within a member state of the Organisation of African, Caribbean, and Pacific states, and you represent the private sector with a strong focus on building resilience, enhancing competitiveness, and establishing direct supply linkages with off-takers for sustainability, this opportunity is tailor-made for you.
Do you have an innovative concept that can transform the mentioned value chains into more integrated, inclusive, and sustainable ecosystems, particularly benefiting women and youth? This also encompasses innovations related to by-products of these sectors.
Introducing the Matching Grant Fund (MGF)
By applying for the MGF, you can secure the financial support needed to turn your project idea into reality within the specified value chains. For all MGF projects, the maximum contribution provided via ABF can cover up to 50% of the total project budget, with the potential to reach €200,000.
- Readiness Programme & Call for Concept Notes (Pre-qualification):
- The online-based introduction and support phase during the application stage commence with the call for concept notes on 18th September 2023 and lasts for 9 weeks.
- Final Submission of Call for Concept Notes:
- The deadline for the submission of your concept note is 10th November.
- Assessment of Concept Notes:
- An independent and international expert committee will evaluate and assess all concept notes upon receipt.
- Full Proposal Development & In-depth Readiness Programme:
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to develop a comprehensive technical proposal and budget, with close support from the ABF team.
- Proposal Evaluation and Decision:
- The final proposals will undergo evaluation, and decisions regarding grant recipients will be made.
- Contracts will be prepared by GIZ using established partnership agreement formats.
- With funding secured, the implementation phase of your project can begin. This includes reporting to ABF and receiving supervision and support.
Who Can Apply?
As Lead Applicants:
- You should be a registered private sector company.
- You should have a deep interest in the cocoa, maize, or livestock (cattle, sheep, goats) value chains.
- Your project should aim at fostering resilience, competitiveness, and supply linkages within these sectors.
- Your project should emphasize inclusivity, sustainability, and profitability.
- You should consider innovative solutions, especially those that benefit women and youth.
- Your project can address by-products of the cocoa, maize, or livestock value chains.
As Consortium Partners:
- Consortium partners can include private sector actors, public entities, non-governmental organizations, research institutions, or any entity with a stake in agribusiness.
How to Apply for Matching Grants Fund
To apply for this unique opportunity and unlock funding for your innovative agribusiness projects, you need to complete specific documents and submit them via [email protected]. The application window is open from 18th September 2023 to 10th November 2023, 11:59 pm GMT.
Don’t miss the chance to make a significant impact in the agribusiness sector. Share this post with others who might be interested, and let’s drive positive change in the agricultural landscape.