Are you considering Caleb University, Lagos (CUL) for your higher education? It’s important to have a clear understanding of the courses offered by the institution before you proceed with the admissions process. While personal preferences and recommendations play a role in choosing a university, it is crucial to do your homework and gather all the necessary information before submitting your application.
Caleb University has established itself as one of the top 10 sought-after private universities in Nigeria. As a prospective student, the information provided in this article will be beneficial to you during the admissions process. Let’s delve into the available courses offered by Caleb University, categorized by their respective faculties.
Faculty of Pure and Applied Science:
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Environmental Management & Toxicology (EMT)
- Computer Science
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems
- Industrial Chemistry
- Physics with Modeling
Faculty of Arts, Social and Management Science:
- Peace and Conflict Studies
- Mass Communication
- Political Science
- International Relations
- History and Diplomatic Studies
- Criminology and Security Studies
- Business Administration
- Banking & Finance
Faculty of Environmental Science:
- Environmental Protection and Management
- Estate Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Physical Planning and Habitat Development
- Survey and Geoinformatics
Faculty of Education:
- Educational Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Guidance and Counselling
- Christian Religious Studies
Caleb University offers two entry pathways for undergraduate programs: UTME entry and Direct Entry. The admission requirements for each pathway are as follows:
- Applicants must be at least 16 years old.
- Candidates must have a minimum of six “Cs” (Credits) in their O’level results, including English language, Mathematics, and three relevant subjects to their area of study. For example, Law applicants must have a “C” in English Language, Mathematics, Government/History, Economics, and English Literature.
- A minimum score of 160 in the JAMB UTME is required.
- Candidates must participate in the CUL post-UTME screening test and perform well.
- Caleb University does not accept results from two sittings, so candidates should only take their O’level exams in a single session.
- The appropriate subject combination for the chosen course must be selected.
- Meeting the required cutoff scores for respective courses is necessary for admission.
Direct Entry Candidates:
- Applicants must have at least five credits on their O’level transcript, including Mathematics and English language. Results from two sittings are not accepted.
- Candidates must be 16 years old or older.
- Candidates are required to obtain a JAMB Direct Entry form to apply.
- Certificates such as OND, ND, NCE, IJMB, Cambridge A level, BSc, HND, and ICAN are among the qualifications that applicants must possess.
Caleb University offers a wide range of courses, covering various subjects beneficial to students. All the listed courses are accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC). If you have any further questions or need clarification, please feel free to reach out to us through the comment box below, and we will respond accordingly.