How to Join the Nigerian Police Force: Application and Requirements
If you’re interested in joining the Nigerian Police Force (NPF), this article provides vital information about the recruitment process, official websites, application requirements, and how to obtain the application form.
First and foremost, it’s important to note that there is no fee to apply for a job with the NPF. The application is available on the Nigerian Police Recruitment website. Read on to understand the application requirements.
To have a chance of being selected to join the Nigerian Police Force, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of Nigeria by birth.
- Possess a minimum of Five Credits in no more than two sittings in WASSCE/NECO/GCE/NABTEB, including English and Mathematics.
- Have a National Identity Number (NIN) or a permanent voter’s card.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 25 years.
- Not be less than 1.64 meters for females and 1.67 meters for male candidates.
- Not be pregnant at the time of recruitment.
- Not be physically disabled.
- Be free from any pecuniary embarrassment.
- Not have been involved in any criminal activities in the past.
- Be physically, mentally, and medically fit.
- Not have any of the following abnormalities: Bowlegs, body scars, speech impediment, bent knees, knock knees, defective eyesight or squint eyes, deformed hand, protruding navel, gross malformation of teeth, amputation of any part of the body, tattoos, flat feet.
- Not have less than 86cm (34 inches) expanded chest measurement (for men only).
- Possess a valid National Driver’s License (an added advantage).
- Download and fill out the guarantor’s form and submit it at the recruitment and screening center.
- All applicants must undergo a full medical examination before selection.
Application Procedure for Nigerian Police Recruitment:
- When there is a formal call for applications for the Nigerian police, visit www.policerecruitment.gov.ng.
- Complete the application, and for updates on your application status and further instructions, always check the website.
Follow these steps:
- Visit www.policerecruitment.gov.ng using your smartphone, laptop, or tablet browser.
- Enter your National Identification Number (NIN) and a valid email address.
- Create a password.
- Resolve the captcha issue and click “Create an Account.”
- Log in to your email and click on the link sent by the Nigeria Police to your inbox. (Check your spam box if you don’t find the message in your inbox.)
- Enter your email and password and click the “Login” button.
- Fill the police online application form correctly.
- Submit your application.
- If your application is successful, you will receive a confirmation message by email within a few minutes.
- Print out your confirmation slip and save and copy your “Registration Number” for future correspondences.
Please note that the “Registration Number” is case-sensitive. If you are selected, you will be notified by email about the next stages of the recruitment process.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted by the Nigerian Police to participate in the screening process, which will be held at various locations and publicized on the Nigerian Police website. Those who pass the screening test will advance to the next stage of the hiring process.
If you have further questions or need clarification, please leave a comment, and we’ll assist you as best we can.