Federal Government Replaces Npower with New Programme read details below.
Transforming N-Power into the Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme: A New Dawn for Nigeria’s Youth
In a significant development within the realm of social safety net programs, the Federal Government of Nigeria has ushered in a refreshing transformation by rebranding the N-Power initiative as the Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme. This transformation is poised to breathe new life into the aspirations of Nigeria’s youth, offering them the promise of a brighter future.
A Visionary Leader Takes Charge
At the helm of this transformation is the newly appointed Minister of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, Dr. Betta Edu. Dr. Edu has demonstrated unwavering determination to revitalize the N-Power program, which had previously faced criticism due to issues such as poor management and delayed stipend payments, stretching up to 8 months.
Dr. Betta Edu’s motto in leading this transformation is crystal clear: “No more business as usual!” With resolute determination, she has embarked on a mission to take social safety net programs directly to those in need, leaving no room for complacency.
Aligning with the Renewed Hope Agenda
This transformative initiative aligns seamlessly with President Bola Tinubu’s directive to revamp social safety net programs, thereby creating a Renewed Hope Agenda. The overarching aim of this agenda is to alleviate humanitarian crises and eradicate multi-dimensional poverty in Nigeria.
To achieve this ambitious goal, Dr. Betta Edu has announced key appointments within her team. These appointed leaders are poised to play pivotal roles in implementing President Bola Tinubu’s Renewed Hope Agenda and reshaping the landscape of social safety net programs in Nigeria.
Meet the Leaders of Change
Here are the appointed leaders who will spearhead this transformative journey:
- National Coordinator NASSCO – Hon Abdulaziz Danladi
- National Cash Transfer Office NCTO: Head of the office – Dr. Micheal Ajuluchukwu
- NCTO Deputy Head of Office – Dr. Janet Ekpenyong
- National Programme Manager, Youth Empowerment and Social Support Operations (YESSO) – Richard Romanus
- National Communication Manager NSIP – Hon Jamalu Kaburu
- National Programme Manager, Renewed Hope Shelter Programme for Refugees, Poor and Internally Displaced Persons – Hon Chidinma Makuachukwu
- National Programme Manager, Grant For Vulnerable Groups – Hon Thalis Apalowo
- Programme Manager, At Risk Children Programme – Hajia Salia Sanusi Yusuff
- National Programme Manager, National Homegrown School Feeding Programme (Renewed Hope Home Grown School Feeding and End Hunger Programme) – Hon Mrs. Obande
- Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (Renewed Hope MSME Loan Programme) – Hon Dr. Joseph Nkang.
- Programme Manager – N-Power Programme (Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme) – Dr. Akindele Adekunle Egbuwalo
- Renewed Hope IDP Refugees Out of School Programme (National Alternate School Programme) – Dr. Mrs. Etcheri Ansa
- National Project Manager, Community and Social Development Programme – Hon Olubunmi Bello
Dr. Betta Edu herself will continue to provide steadfast leadership as the Chairman of the National Social Safety Net Coordinating Office (NASSCO) Management Team. Assisting her in this pivotal role is Hon Abel Enitan, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and Poverty Alleviation, who will serve as the Secretary of the NASSCO Management team.
A Clear Message of Expectations
The message from Minister Dr. Betta Edu to the newly appointed leaders is unequivocal: Bring your wealth of experience to bear in your new roles, for there is no room for excuses or failure. Together, they will breathe life into the Renewed Hope mandate and propel Nigeria forward into a future radiating with promise and opportunity.
As the Renewed Hope Skills Acquisition Programme unfolds, it represents not just a name change but a transformative journey that holds the potential to uplift the lives of countless Nigerian youth, providing them with the skills and resources they need to embrace a brighter future.