Federal Polytechnic Damaturu Courses and Requirements
Choosing the right course of study is a crucial step towards your academic success. To make the process easier for you, we have compiled a comprehensive list of all the courses offered at Federal Polytechnic Damaturu. Gone are the days of traveling to the school for inquiries; now you can access all the necessary information right here.
It is essential to be well-informed about the subject combinations and requirements for each course. Many candidates miss out on admission opportunities not because they don’t meet the cut-off mark, but because they lack knowledge about the specific requirements for their desired courses. We aim to prevent such situations by providing you with this valuable information.
Federal Polytechnic Damaturu offers a total of 16 courses in both science and art-related fields. Here is the list of accredited courses:
- Banking and Finance
- Business Administration and Management
- Civil Engineering Technology
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical/Electronic Technology
- Estate Management and Valuation
- Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Public Administration
- Science Laboratory Technology
- Surveying Geo-Informatics
- Urban and Regional Planning
Knowing the available courses is just the beginning. Understanding the entry requirements for each course is equally crucial. Admission into Federal Polytechnic Damaturu can be through UTME (Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination) or Direct Entry (DE). Let’s explore the requirements for both modes of entry.
Requirements for UTME Candidates:
- Obtain a minimum of seven Credit passes in WAEC & NECO, including English and Mathematics.
- Have five credits in other relevant subjects related to the chosen course.
- Choose appropriate subjects related to the course during JAMB registration.
- Meet the cut-off mark specified by the institution.
- Undergo a screening exercise if offered provisional admission.
Requirements for Direct Entry (DE) Candidates:
- Possess a minimum of a credit pass in English and Mathematics.
- Have at least an upper credit in ND or HND.
- Aspirants with distinctions have a higher chance of admission, while lower credit holders may not be eligible.
Remember, you are allowed to use one or two WAEC sittings for your application, and a good subject combination increases your chances of admission.
We hope this comprehensive guide has provided you with the necessary information for making informed decisions about your course selection. Please ensure to adhere to the provided information, as it has been extensively researched and is highly accurate.
Leave a Reply