Francis Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition For Undergraduate Students 2023
The Francis Ibhawoh Foundation is delighted to announce the launch of its annual essay competition, designed to encourage undergraduate students to engage in meaningful and constructive discussions. This year, our focus is on addressing the pressing issue of continuous strikes in Nigerian public tertiary institutions and exploring viable solutions.
The theme for the 2023 Essay Competition is “Incessant Strikes in Nigerian Public Tertiary Institutions and How to Address Them.” The prevalence of strikes in these institutions significantly hinders the academic progress of our nation’s youth, causing substantial setbacks in their overall development. This issue demands our attention, and we believe it is crucial to generate creative solutions that provide a stable and conducive learning environment for our students.
Objectives of the Francis Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition:
- To provide financial support to undergraduate students.
- To recognize, promote, and encourage academic excellence.
- To facilitate the achievement of educational goals.
- To alleviate the financial burden of tertiary education and enhance its accessibility.
- To engage university students in discussions related to community and national development.
Benefits of Participating in the Francis Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition:
This competition offers more than just a platform for expressing your thoughts and ideas. It also provides you with the opportunity to win a cash prize of N100,000, receive a certificate of achievement, and establish valuable connections with renowned researchers, education experts, and professionals from various fields.
Eligibility Requirements for the Francis Ibhawoh Foundation Essay Competition:
We invite undergraduate students from all disciplines studying in tertiary institutions in Edo State to participate in this competition. We firmly believe that diverse perspectives contribute to a comprehensive understanding of the challenges we face. We encourage participants to deeply analyze the causes, consequences, and implications of strikes in Nigerian public tertiary institutions and propose effective strategies for sustainable resolution.
Interview Date, Process, and Venue:
- Submission period: March to June (specific dates may vary each year).
- Annual review of qualified entries begins on June 30.
- The Screening Committee provides recommendations to the Board on or before July 15.
- Board selection process concludes by July 15 each year.
- Scholarship is awarded annually on July 15.
How to Apply:
If you are interested and meet the qualifications, please visit the Francis Ibhawoh Foundation website at www.ibhawohfoundation.com to submit your application.
For more detailed information, kindly visit the Francis Ibhawoh Foundation website.