Grants for Creative African which comes with a $20,000 Prize is currently available for application.
This is a grant on Fashionomics Africa Incubator and Accelerator Programs 2023 For African Creatives. read details below.
African fashion, textile, clothing, and accessory entrepreneurs and companies are invited to apply for the Fashionomics Africa incubator and accelerator programs which is an initiative of the African Development Bank.
The content of the programs, which each last for eight weeks, is available in English, French, Arabic, and Portuguese. The best fashion entrepreneurs will be selected through a competitive procedure to present their business concepts at the Fashionomics Africa online pitching days competitions. The programs will result in 12 finalists from the incubator and accelerator programs competing for the top 2 prizes, each worth 20,000 USD, to expand their businesses.
Who Can Apply?
- The competition is open to participants who can provide an identification document like a passport, national ID card or voters card issued in an African country, and/or domiciled in African countries.
- Applicants should be 18 years of age and above. Priority will be given to youth (18-35) and women-led fashion businesses.
- Any fashion micro, small and medium-sized enterprises (MSMEs) or fashion entrepreneurs operating in the fashion ecosystem, including but not limited to fashion designing and dressmaking, accessories design and making, textile design, fashion illustration, fashion photography, technology-enabled fashion businesses, and service providers whose main sector of focus is fashion, are welcome to apply.
- Applicants should have an existing account on the Fashionomics Africa Platform or create one here.
Fashionomics Africa Incubator Program – Specific Selection Criteria
- Fashion business entities under three (3) years, either registered or not registered.
- Fashion business has at least deployed a proof of concept, at the micro, small or medium level.
- The application provides a clear and detailed description of the fashion business.
Fashionomics Africa Accelerator Program – Specific Selection Criteria
- Entities should be formally registered as a business in the African country of operation.
- Fashion business/start-up needs to be at the growth stage (must have existed for at least 3 years, have solid traction with clear product and sale channels and customer base).
For more details and how to apply visit Fashionomics Africa