How to Apply for Conditional Cash Transfer in Nigeria, and the short Codes for all States can be accessed below.
How to Apply for Conditional Cash Transfer in Nigeria
The Conditional Cash Transfer (CCT) program initiated by the Nigerian government is aimed at addressing the rising poverty levels within the country. It provides financial aid to citizens facing poverty, unemployment, and vulnerability. If you’re interested in becoming a beneficiary of this program, follow these steps:
Eligibility Criteria for Federal Government Conditional Cash Transfer
Before applying, it’s essential to understand the eligibility criteria for the Federal Government’s Conditional Cash Transfer program. Beneficiaries should meet the following conditions:
- The unbanked.
- Those without social media accounts or smartphones.
- Individuals lacking formal education.
- The most economically disadvantaged members of society.
How to Enroll in the Conditional Cash Transfer Program
Enrolling in the Conditional Cash Transfer program involves a selection process rather than a simple application. Here are the steps for registration:
- Initiation: The process is initiated by the Youth Employment and Social Support Operation (YESSO).
- Community Engagement: YESSO agents get in touch with the head of the beneficiary’s community. A town crier is then summoned to gather community members for a meeting at specific locations to conduct enumeration.
- List Compilation: YESSO compiles a list of potential beneficiaries. This list is submitted to the National Cash Transfer Office (NCTO), which publicly displays it at specified community locations.
- Digital Enrollment: NCTO digitally captures the beneficiaries’ information and issues them official ID cards.
Please note that you do not directly apply for this program but rather go through a community-based selection process.
Conditional Cash Transfer USSD Codes for All States in Nigeria
To check if you or someone you know is a beneficiary of the Conditional Cash Transfer program, you can use the following USSD codes for various states in Nigeria:
- Akwa Ibom (Ikono LG):
- Bayelsa (Yenagoa):
- Jigawa State:
- Malam Madori:
- Kafin Hausa:
- Dutse Mazabar Limawa:
- Anambra State:
- Anambra East:
- Onitsha South:
- Orumba North:
- Anambra East:
- Sokoto State:
- Sabon Birni:
- Dange Shuni:
- Yobe State:
Please note that these USSD codes are for checking beneficiary status and not for direct application to the program.
For more information, updates, or to inquire about eligibility and benefits, you can visit the official government website or contact the relevant authorities. Click Here