How to Apply for Nigeria Youth Futures Fund can be accessed below..
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund – How to Apply – More over 70% of Nigeria’s population is under the age of 30, with projections of further increase in the coming decades.
Given this large number, it is evident that Nigeria’s future development is dependent on a young population that is educated, talented, healthy, and politically engaged in the formation of long-term policy objectives.
Nigerian youth participation in leadership and politics has evolved over time.
The Nigerian youth ecosystem has witnessed a re-awakening, from the heritage of active student federalism (1980s), where universities functioned as places for intellectual discussion and youth expression, to the youth-organized time aided by new media (2010-present). Type
The #NotTooYoungToRun campaign (2016-2018), as well as a major growth in awareness of youth movements and socio-economic and political indices in Nigeria, show that young Nigerians have a growing leadership potential.
Given the plethora of social problems and policy failures that young Nigerians encounter, they are empowered by driving societal change through powerful institutions, organizations, and groups. Are becoming increasingly ready to act.
“There are numerous young African leaders but no seats at the table,” according to a research by the African Leadership Institute.
According to the report, 700,000 young Africans have already achieved the level of selective leadership initiatives, which indicates that the task now is to harness their innovation, creativity, and potential.
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund – How to Apply – Young Nigerians are clearly investigating alternate leadership and funding models facilitated by digital technology, as evidenced by recent youth movements and protests.
However, several of these movements have exposed leadership, stability, and organizational flaws in Nigeria’s youth ecosystem.
These include notable dialogue and consensus building methods, vague exit strategies, inability to identify intergenerational partners, and a limited ability to facilitate long-term engagement with the current regime or political structure.
In addition, the efforts made by stakeholders in the Nigerian youth ecosystem are still compromised by the priority of working in silos, leading to duplication of efforts and volatile results.
As a result, Leap Africa, in partnership with the MacArthur Foundation and the Ford Foundation, called for the establishment of the Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) in order to sustain their work, targeting youth-led movements in Nigeria. Provide youth ecosystem building and financial support. Facilitate learning opportunities locally.
Enter the thematic field
Employment and education applicants should consider youth-initiated initiatives that focus on helping young people with their education and promoting employment opportunities.
Such initiatives should be inclusive and goal-oriented activities among the youth.
Media, sports and entertainment projects that promote and strengthen youth activities in media, sports and entertainment. Identifying and promoting young media platforms and creative talent should be a priority.
Health concepts should focus on youth health issues such as drug and substance abuse, sexual and reproductive health, mental health and more.
Peacebuilding and security prioritize concepts that promote cultural unity, peaceful coexistence, armed forces and civil relations, and a host of others.
ICT and entrepreneurship: ICT-driven solutions that create value and have a sustainable business model.
Climate change and environmental initiatives and ideas that address drought and desertification, land degradation, more frequent extreme weather events, affected freshwater, loss of water resources and biodiversity.
Civic participation initiatives and ideas that help increase youth participation / participation in politics and leadership.
Guidelines for submission
Applicants should submit a concept note / proposal not exceeding 2000 words, following the guidelines and proposal template provided.
Eligibility criteria for individuals and organizations
- The beneficiary must be a Young Change Makers (aged 15- 35 years) with a proven track record, working on a sustainable solution that directly addresses any of the seven thematic areas.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate good understanding and experience of strategic planning, vision setting and project management.
- The beneficiary must demonstrate experience and knowledge of community or team building following principles of honesty and integrity
- The Beneficiary must demonstrate talent and passion for new ways of behaving, norms and actions,
- The beneficiary must have genuine means of identification or attached to an institution.
- The beneficiary must supply a police clearance report and provide 3 reputable referees.
- The organization must be a formally registered organization with the corporate affairs commission of Nigeria. Otherwise, an unregistered organization can form a cluster and apply through a registered organization.
- The organization must have a partnership capacity in all the states in their geo-political region.
- The organization must have police clearance, tax clearance and SCUML certificate
- The organization must have good antecedents and proper track records.
- Youth-driven transformation activities, civic and transformation hub depending on the grant category, working on sustainable solutions that directly addresses any of the agreed thematic areas.
- The organization must have a physical address, corporate account with good financial standing and records.
How to Apply
The Nigeria Youth Futures Fund (NYFF) is a response to the urgent need to provide technical and Financial support to youth-led organizations in Nigeria in order to sustain their work locally and facilitate opportunities for learning. Read More
Applications for the 1st cohort of the Young Leaders Development Fund is now open for the following categories of grants:
Small Grant: $500- $1000 – Targeted at individuals
Action Grant: $1000- $3000 -Grassroot & Community based organizations
Development Grant: $3000-$6000 -Youth-led & Youth Focused Organizations
Catalytic Grant: $ 40,000 -Civic and Innovation Hubs
Click here to apply
I need a loan