Are you considering relocating or applying for redeployment from your current NYSC Orientation Camp but unsure of the procedure? Don’t worry, as this article will guide you on how to apply for and obtain approval for NYSC Relocation/Redeployment.
While all corps members have the right to apply for relocation or redeployment, the NYSC expects valid reasons for considering a move from your present state of deployment. It is common to feel the need to change your State of Deployment or Primary Place of Assignment (PPA) after receiving your NYSC call-up letter due to unforeseen circumstances.
Receiving your NYSC call-up letter and discovering that you have been deployed to a state you did not prefer can be distressing. However, every corps member has the option to apply for redeployment. It is important to follow the correct procedures and provide a valid reason when requesting redeployment to be successfully transferred to another state.
Redeployment can be granted based on security, marital status, or health reasons. This article will provide you with the steps to follow in order to apply for redeployment with the National Youth Service.
NYSC provides relocation assistance to corpers to neighboring states, particularly due to security issues across the country. With the complete computerization of mobilization processes, online relocation exercises are now possible.
Married women and those with life-threatening illnesses have the opportunity to upload supporting documentation during the online registration process. This documentation will determine whether they are relocated to their spouses’ homes or medical facilities, depending on their situation.
Acceptable Reasons For NYSC Redeployment
To have your redeployment request approved by NYSC, you must provide supporting evidence for one (1) of the following three (3) factors:
- Marital Reasons:
This applies only to married female corps members who wish to serve near their spouses. The following documents are required to prove your marital status for eligibility:
- Husband’s ID card (International passport, Voter’s card, or Driver’s license)
- Wedding pictures
- Marriage certificate
- Husband’s domicile letter
- Utility bill
- Newspaper change of name
- Valid marriage certificate
- Security Reasons:
This is applicable to states with frequent herdsmen or terrorist attacks, such as Borno, Adamawa, Benue, Jos, etc. If you have been posted to a state with security issues, you are guaranteed redeployment to another state.
Please note that NYSC will not grant redeployment on security grounds if the state you wish to redeploy from enjoys a high level of peace.
- Health Reasons:
If you have a chronic illness that requires close medical supervision, you may be eligible to request relocation on medical grounds. However, you will be required to submit a medical report from an accredited medical facility (preferably a public medical center) when completing the form.
There are two ways to apply for NYSC relocation or redeployment: applying within the camp or applying online on the NYSC website.
- Applying Within The Camp:
During the 21-day orientation course on camp, which begins during the second week of the program, interested corps members have the opportunity to apply for relocation. An application form will be provided, and you will need to explain why you are requesting relocation and provide supporting documentation. You will also need to include a letter of application for redeployment along with the form.
- Applying Online after camp:
Previously, obtaining relocation approval after the 21-day orientation camping was challenging or impossible. However, the NYSC board has now made it easy to apply online for relocation after completing the camp. You can apply online, and your relocation request may be granted within two weeks, rather than waiting for three months.
- Visit the NYSC official website at https://www.nysc.gov.ng/.
- Log in using the email address and password you used for registration.
- Scroll down and click on “Relocation.”
- Fill in the required information accurately in the provided fields.
The outcome of your application will be communicated to you via email or text message. If your application is accepted, you must print the relocation letter.
- Go to the official NYSC website.
- Log in using your email address and password.
- Click on “Manage Relocation.”
- Make a payment of $1000 (one thousand Naira only) and wait for the rerouting to occur after successful payment.
- After online printing of your NYSC Relocation letter, print your payment receipt as proof of successful payment.
Tips For A Successful NYSC Redeployment
- If applying based on a medical condition, obtain a medical evaluation from a civilian or military clinic to increase the chances of acceptance. NYSC officials consider more recent medical reports more seriously.
- Avoid having the medical report dated too close to the date of your call-up letter, as it may raise suspicions about the credibility of your request.
- Complete your physical registration at the NYSC camp and proceed directly to the camp clinic with your medical report to expedite the processing.
- If applying for redeployment due to security concerns, note that you cannot be redeployed to your home state. Lagos and Abuja are also unlikely options due to congestion.
- If applying for marriage-related reasons, you will be posted to the state where your husband lives.
Please note that you may not always get the state of your birth or your desired state when applying based on health or medical reasons. However, in most cases, NYSC will assign you to a location where you can receive the necessary medical care.
Make sure to print multiple copies of the letter for your reference during the delivery process. If you have any questions or need assistance with the NYSC Relocation/Redeployment form on the NYSC Portal, feel free to ask in the comments section.
Best of luck, and we hope your NYSC relocation or redeployment request is successful!