Signature Jobs is a Nigerian indigenous Restaurant and Catering company specialized in providing African and continental dishes, freshly made salads and juices. Signature Jobs was incorporated in November, 2015 situated at FCT, Abuja, Nigeria. We offer outdoor catering/delivery services and engage chefs with unique expertise in African and continental dishes, freshly made salads and juices. We are a leading brand and our mission is to standout in providing hygiene and diet based meals for organizations and individuals in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Apo, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
General Position Summary
- The Kitchen Assistant will work with the culinary team to ensure hygiene and implementation of Signature Jobs Signature’s Kitchen standards.
- He/She will responsible for ensuring that dishes, utensils surfaces and prepping are done in a timely manner.
Essential Job Functions
- Ensure compliance with applicable health codes and regulations
- Monitor the matters of cleanliness and sanitation in the kitchen
- The Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for requesting for item for the storekeeper and taking order request from the chefs.
- Strictly follow the kitchen safety standards and monitor that his/her subordinates are maintaining them too.
- Looks after the functionality of the kitchen equipment to avoid any unwanted incident.
- Carryout routine checklist of task and equipment/utensils.
- Assist with inventory control, removing the garbage, washing garbage cans, and clearing refrigerators, freezers, and storage rooms.
- Washing and appropriately storing all cooking appliances, instruments, utensils, cutting boards, and dishes.
- Assist the Cook with the preparation of meal ingredients, which includes washing, cleaning, peeling, cutting, and chopping fruit, vegetables, poultry, and meat.
- Arrange food in the packing store after each meal preparation.
Knowledge and Experience
- Candidates should possess a First School Leaving Certificate / SSCE / GCE / NECO or OND qualification
- 3+ years of kitchen experience
- Experience in leading and supervising junior staff
- Experience working within budget constraints
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, flexible, culturally sensitive
- Fluency in English and local languages is an added advantage.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the entire environs they serve, we intend to carryout weekly learning activities that benefit Signature Jobs as well as its staff.
Accountability to Beneficiaries:
- Signature Jobs members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our clients and standards guiding our goals,
- Reports Directly to:Cook 1 & Cook 2
- Works Directly with:Kitchen Team and entire team of Signature Jobs Signature
- The successful candidate will be capable of multi-tasking, rapid decision-making, have initiative, drive and a lot of energy, as well as high emotional intelligence, production skills and proven experience with interpersonal skills.
- He/she will be committed to long-term production processes, sustainability and should be result-oriented.
- Successful staff member have a strong commitment to teamwork and accountability, thrive in evolving and challenging environments, and make effective communication a priority.
- Staff of Signature Jobs represent the company both during and outside work hours.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Signature Jobs’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all its location.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions:
- The position is based in FCT, Abuja.
- Accommodation during shift hours available. C
- andidates must be residents of Apo environs, Abuja.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position Requirements, Reference number and Location to: email@example.com using the Job Title and Reference Number as the subject of the mail.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
- We are an equal employment opportunity company so women are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.