Latest NPower News and NASIMS Stipend Payment News Today 18th July 2023 can be accessed below.
Some Npower beneficiaries across the country are expressing their deep concern and frustration over the non-payment of their monthly stipends, which have been pending since December 2022.
Even before President Bola Tinubu assumed office, these beneficiaries were already owed five months’ worth of stipends. Unfortunately, since the start of his tenure, there has been no progress in resolving this issue, leaving the beneficiaries in a state of financial distress.
The continuous delay in the disbursement of their stipends has created a growing sense of discontent and disillusionment among the Npower beneficiaries, who heavily rely on these funds for their day-to-day livelihoods.
In an attempt to address the concerns raised by Npower Batch C beneficiaries, Nasims recently conducted an interactive session called “Half Hour With Npower C Beneficiaries” on July 10, 2023. The session aimed to provide clarification and updates on the situation. Here is a summary of the questions asked and the responses provided during the session:
- Status of C1 Beneficiaries: The Npower C1 program officially concluded in August 2022. Any additional payments received by C1 beneficiaries for September, October, and November were part of the Nexit package, which was approved by H.M. Sadiya Umar Farouq, the then Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development.
- Payment and Program Continuation: The continuity of the Npower program is contingent upon the President’s decision. Nasims cannot provide a definitive answer regarding payment continuation until the program’s status is confirmed by the relevant authorities.
- Payment Date for Outstanding Months: The exact payment date for the outstanding stipends is currently unknown, as the funds are awaiting approval from the new administration. Once the necessary approval is obtained, the initiation of payment will take place.
- Unpaid C1 Beneficiaries: C1 beneficiaries who have been awaiting payments for September, October, and November will receive their outstanding stipends as soon as the funds are approved and made available.
- Pre-selected Beneficiaries: Pre-selected beneficiaries are advised to follow the instructions provided in their messages and await further directives. Their inclusion is supplementary to the existing C2 beneficiaries, and further guidance will be provided accordingly.
- Account Validation: Account validation links were sent to C2 beneficiaries with incorrect account details. However, C1 beneficiaries who are facing payment issues can also take advantage of this opportunity to validate their account information and ensure a smooth payment process.
Despite the interactive session held by Nasims, the Npower beneficiaries are still eagerly awaiting concrete action to resolve the prolonged non-payment of their stipends. Their hope lies in the approval and subsequent release of the funds by the new administration, which would bring much-needed relief to their financial struggles.
FAQs About Npower news under President Bola Ahmed Tinubu administration:
1. Will the Npower Program continue under the new administration? The Npower Program is expected to continue under the new administration, as there is a commitment to sustaining the program’s positive impact on poverty relief for the youth.
2. What happens to the pending stipend payments for Npower beneficiaries? The new management of the National Social Investment Program (NSIP) is dedicated to ensuring the payment of all outstanding stipends for Npower beneficiaries in a timely manner.
3. How can Npower Batch C beneficiaries validate their accounts? Npower Batch C beneficiaries who have not received their stipends and need to validate their accounts can do so by following the validation link provided.
4. Is there any update on the handover of affairs by the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs? The Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, disaster management, and social development, Sadiya Umar Farouq, has officially handed over the affairs of the ministry to the Permanent Secretary, Nasir Sani, as part of the transition process.
5. What are the expectations regarding the future of empowerment programs? There is hope that under President Tinubu’s Administration, the existing empowerment programs will be upgraded and transformed into more permanent job creation opportunities, enabling sustainable and inclusive growth for the Nigerian youth.
FAQs About Nasims News On Payment Today:
Will npower batch c1 be permanent?
Npower beneficiaries are going be permanent. The federal government will sign a permanent appointment for all Npower beneficiaries before the end of this year.
How long does npower training last?
Candidates who have been shortlisted and are in the non-graduates category can apply. The Npower training programme is composed of three months of in-centre class training, an apprenticeship programme which will last for 6 months, post Apprenticeship, mentorship.
Why is my npower payment status showing processing?
From “PENDING” your payroll status will change to “PROCESSING” this simply means your money/stipend has been sent to your bank from Central Bank of Nigeria, again your chances of being paid at this stage is 100%.
Did Npower shortlist stream 2?
Npower Stream 2 Commencement Date is on February 25th, 2024. News about stream 2 shortlisting has been announced already and the final list for stream 2 will be published on NASIMS portal.
That is the Latest Npower News, Nasims News Today, check back tomorrow for more Npower news on GoldenNewsNg.