Stay updated with the latest Npower news on stipend payments and NASIMS updates. Get information on the payment status for Npower Batch C beneficiaries, account validation process, and important instructions for applicants. Learn about NASIMS and the Npower Batch C program aimed at empowering Nigerian youth through employment opportunities and skills development.
Latest Updates on Npower Stipend Payments and NASIMS News
The Npower management, Nasims, has provided the latest update on the payment of stipends for Npower Batch C beneficiaries. They have clarified that the approval for the new payment is still pending.
The current approved payment is specifically for the backlog of unpaid stipends from 2022 for Npower Batch C beneficiaries.
Nasims has assured that once the new payment is approved, it will be initiated without any delays. It is important to note that beneficiaries are owed five months’ worth of stipend payment in the year 2023.
At present, Npower is in the process of enrolling more preselected applicants. These applicants are being invited to validate their accounts to be included as beneficiaries.
The payment process for Npower beneficiaries who have successfully validated their accounts through the provided validation link is underway. Many beneficiaries have confirmed receiving their backlog payments today.
Furthermore, there have been rumors in the media about the suspension of payments to vendors, contractors, consultants, and service providers by the Federal Government until further notice. However, it is important to note that salaries and pensions are not affected by this decision.
NASIMS has taken steps to engage and include additional Npower Batch C applicants in the Npower Batch C2 Program. Selected applicants have been sent text messages requesting confirmation of their status and validation of their Npower records through the Npower Account Validation Form.
Overview of NASIMS and Npower Batch C Program
NASIMS is a system established to manage and administer social investment programs in Nigeria. One of the key programs under NASIMS is the Npower Batch C initiative, which aims to provide employment opportunities and skills development to Nigerian youth.
Text Messages Received by Batch C Applicants
Today, several Batch C applicants for the 2020 Npower program received text messages containing important instructions. These messages informed the applicants of their selection for the Npower Batch C2 program and directed them to visit a designated link to confirm their status.
Below is a sample of the message sent by NASIMS:
Latest NASIMS News on Npower Stipend Payment.
Two variations of the text messages were reported as follows:
“Dear Applicant, You have been preselected for the N-power Batch C2 program. To confirm your status, visit validation.nasims.ng and validate your records.”
“Dear Applicant, You have been preselected for the N-power Batch C2 program. To confirm your status, visit http://kir.am/6/02KD5tPotHCl and validate your records.”
Confirmation and Validation Process
The purpose of these text messages is to ensure that the selected applicants acknowledge their preselection and proceed with the necessary steps to validate their Npower records. The validation process is crucial for accurately updating the beneficiaries’ database.
Steps to Confirm Status and Update Npower Records
To confirm their status and update their Npower records, applicants need to follow these steps:
- Open the link provided in the text message. Applicants can use either of the two mentioned links: validation.nasims.ng or http://kir.am/6/02KD5tPotHCl. Both links direct to the same website and serve the same purpose. Once on the webpage, applicants should carefully read the provided information and click on the “Accept” button to proceed.
- Enter the Npower ID, which can be found by logging into their NASIMS Dashboard at https://nasims.gov.ng. In case applicants have forgotten their password, they can click on the “Forgot Password” option and follow the necessary steps to recover it. Once logged in, they should copy and paste their Npower ID, which follows the format NPWR/2020/xxxxxx.
- Provide their Bank Verification Number (BVN) and click “Next.” This step ensures accurate identification and verification of the applicants’ bank accounts.
- Enter their National Identification Number (NIN) and click “Next.” The NIN is a unique identification number issued by the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) in Nigeria.
- Enter the bank account details submitted during the Npower registration process. This includes selecting the name of their bank (e.g., First Bank, United Bank of Africa, Guarantee Trust Bank, Access Bank, etc.), inputting the 11-digit bank account number, and verifying the automatic appearance of the account name in green color. Once all details are correctly entered, applicants can click “Next.”
- Review the entered data for accuracy and click “Submit.” It is crucial to ensure that all details are provided correctly, as submitted data cannot be changed or resubmitted after this step.
Applicants should keep the following important points in mind during the process:
- Verify the authenticity of the received text messages. The provided messages have been confirmed as genuine and official communications from NASIMS.
- The two links, validation.nasims.ng and http://kir.am/6/02KD5tPotHCl, are identical and lead to the Npower Validation Link, validation.nasims.ng/validation, which facilitates the update of bank account details for unpaid Npower beneficiaries.
- Accurately input all necessary information during the confirmation and validation process, including the Npower ID, BVN, NIN, and bank account details.
- After submitting the updated details, no further changes can be made or resubmitted. Hence, it is crucial to avoid any mistakes during the data entry.