The Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship is open to international students from all over the world who intend to pursue doctoral studies at Argonne National Laboratory USA. This fellowship is given globally to excellent doctoral researchers and engineers.
Applicants for fellowships must demonstrate excellent skills in science or engineering studies and must make a clear commitment to become excellent leaders in the studies, they pursue. Fellows work closely with the sponsor of Argonne to pursue their study interests.
Fellows are employed as an Argonne Scholar with complete rewards, a extremely competitive wage and a research grant. Fellows may renew their appointments on an annual basis for a period of up to 3 years, with the option of retention.
- Level of Study: PhD
- Institution(s): Argonne National Laboratory
- Study in: USA
- Opportunity Focus Areas: See list below
- Program Period: Up to 3 years
- Deadline: October 1, 2022, by 7:00 PM Central Standard Time (US)
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) for Science
- Autonomous Discovery
- Climate Action
- Clean Energy and Sustainability
- Hard X-ray Science
- Quantum Information Science
- Detection of Imaging Signatures (For the national security portion of this initiative only, the selected candidate will be required to obtain and maintain a clearance and must be a U.S. citizen. Please go to the U.S. Department of State’s website for more information about requirements for obtaining a security clearance process.)
Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship provide the recipient with the following benefits:
- A highly competitive salary
- A stipend for research support.
- 100% funded fellowship
Eligibility Criteria for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship
To be eligible for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Ph.D. conferred within three years at the time of application or completion of Ph.D. requirements by commencement of appointment
- Evidence of academic achievement with potential for technical and research leadership
- Research in areas that align with Argonne’s mission
- Leadership skills as evidenced through service, community outreach, activities to advance diversity, equity and inclusion, professional society engagement, etc.
- Creativity and motivation
- Excellent communication skills
- Alignment with Argonne’s Core Values: Impact, Safety, Respect, Integrity, and Teamwork.
How to Apply for Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship?
Please visit official website link given at the end. However, here are important steps to avail Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship:
(1) To be considered for the Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, candidates must apply through the Argonne Careers page. Applicants must read the detailed applicant instructions before applying.
- Instructions for Applicants
- Briefly, complete application packages will include:
- Research proposal, biosketch and project plan submitted using the research template. Please review the guidance for using the template.
- Three letters of recommendation — refer to applicant instructions for guidance
- CV uploaded through the application link
- Graduate transcripts — refer to applicant instructions for acceptable format
(2) Sending these supporting materials to (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- For more information, click here.
- Letters should be in a PDF file from the individual(s) with a signature on official letterhead. In the subject line please include the name of the candidate.
It is advised that applicants contact sponsors and references well in advance of the application deadline to ensure that all materials are received on time. Late materials may not be accepted once the review process has begun. To inquire a bout the status of your application, pleases send an email to (email@example.com) with copy to your sponsor.
To know more about Maria Goeppert Mayer Fellowship, please visit official website: Official Website