Attention all students preparing to sit for the NECO exams in 2023! It is crucial to begin early preparations for the registration process.
This announcement serves as a notice to all potential applicants that the National Examination Council of Nigeria (NECO) has officially announced the deadline for the 2023 June/July (SSCE Internal) registration for the 2022/2023 academic session.
The registration form for the 2023 June/July NECO SSCE, which was initially set to expire on Monday, May 30, 2023, is still valid.
If you haven’t registered yet, you can find all the necessary information about senior secondary school NECO registration for this year in this post.
Here, we will provide you with detailed information about the NECO registration process, including the start date for the NECO SSCE, registration fee, deadline, application procedure, and other relevant information.
The National Examination Council (NECO) is an examination body in Nigeria that administers the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination in June/July and the General Certificate in Education in November/December.
There are two methods available for registering for the NECO SSCE:
Offline Registration and Online Registration.
- Offline Registration:
Most school candidates and individuals registering through their schools opt for offline registration for the National Examination Council (NECO) in 2023. The steps for offline registration are as follows:
- Visit the school where you intend to register.
- Enroll as a full-time student and participate in the SS2 mock exam.
- Pay the NECO registration fee to obtain a registration form from your school.
- Fill out the form accurately with your personal information.
- Submit your registration form along with your passport photographs and any other required documents.
- Undergo biometric registration and wait for your exam number.
- You can download the NECO offline App for free by visiting http://www.mynecoexams.com/offlineApp/
2. Online Registration:
The recommended method for registering for the 2023 NECO SSCE on your own is through the online application. The registration process is explained below:
- Visit the NECO registration website at https://ssceexternal.neco.gov.ng.
- On the pop-up window, click on “Register here” in the “Don’t have an account?” form.
- Fill in the required information in the registration form, including your full name, valid phone number, valid email address, chosen password, and confirmation of the password.
- Click the “REGISTER” button.
- Log in to the email address you provided and click on the link sent by NECO to proceed with the registration.
- Choose a suitable payment option and make the registration fee payment.
- Complete and submit your registration form.
- Visit a designated cafe operator for offline biometric verification and validation.
- Finally, print your photocard.
NECO 2023 Registration Starting and Closing Date:
The registration period for NECO 2023 runs from March to May 2023. All applicants must register before the scheduled date to be eligible for the exam. As long as the NECO registration portal is available, you can still register before it’s too late.
To apply for NECO 2023, all candidates must meet the following prerequisites as per the National Examination Council’s requirements:
- Four copies of passport photographs.
- Candidate’s address.
- Maiden/Guardian Names.
- An email address.
- Local Government Area and State of Origin of the candidate.
- Personal information of the candidate.
- List of eight (minimum) or nine (maximum) subjects for the candidate.
- Compulsory biometric capturing.
Eligibility Criteria for the NECO Exam:
Before beginning the registration process, make sure you meet the NECO’s eligibility requirements. The following criteria must be met to take the NECO exam:
- You must be at least 16 years old to sit for the examination.
- You must have completed a minimum of five years of secondary education (SS3 or SS2) in any private or public secondary school in Nigeria.
- You must have taken and passed the NCEE (National Common Entrance Examination) or its equivalent.
Subjects Requirements for NECO Registration:
The NECO test covers 76 subjects divided into six sections. Science, mathematics, humanities, trade/entrepreneurship, and business studies are some subjects with mandatory cross-cutting. Candidates can sit for a minimum of eight subjects and a maximum of nine. Each Senior Secondary school in the Federation presents candidates for the SSCE Internal.
NECO Registration Requirements 2023:
To be eligible for the examination, applicants must fulfill the following requirements outlined by the National Examination Council:
- You must be enrolled in Senior Secondary School 3 or 2 or have completed high school.
- A valid and current phone number and email address are required for registration.
- Accurate information for name, gender, date of birth, home address, county, and state of origin is necessary.
- Four copies of passport photographs are needed.
- You must have a list of eight to nine subjects for the NECO exams.
- The NECO exam fee must be paid during registration.
NECO 2023 Registration Fee:
The registration fee for the NECO 2023 SSCE is 12,000 naira for both internal and external candidates. This fee is non-refundable. If you are a candidate from a school, you must pay the registration fee to the school management according to their policies.
As of now, the timetable for NECO 2023 has not been released by the NECO authority. We will inform you as soon as the timetable becomes available.
NECO 2023 Exam Commencement Date:
The date for the NECO 2023 exam is yet to be announced.
Process for Registering External/Private Candidates:
Candidates wishing to register as external or private candidates for the NECO exam should follow these steps:
- Visit http://www.mynecoexams.com/ourexaminations.html?ssce for registration.
- Click on the “Go to SSCE External Site” screen to access the SSCE website.
- Provide the required username and password.
- Click “Login” to enter the registration dashboard.
- Follow the correct registration process.
- If you are unfamiliar with online registrations, it is advisable to register through a school or computer cafe.
- Candidates must submit a passport photograph and undergo biometric fingerprint thumbprinting for registration.
- Candidates must verify their fingerprints, as failure to do so will result in not being allowed to sit for the exam.
Additional Information for NECO Registration 2023:
Here are some additional details you should be aware of regarding NECO registration and examination:
- It is highly recommended to use reputable cybercafés as the Council will not be responsible for any issues with candidate registration. Internet Service Providers are available at state offices across the nation.
- Candidates should carefully read the instructions on the online scratch card before registering.
- Candidates must thoroughly study the rules and syllabuses before registering.
- Applicants should note that their registration-related image or photo will be embossed on their certificates.
- Smoking, cell phones, and other electronic communication devices are prohibited in the examination hall.
- Candidates must dress in mufti attire, and no one with arms will be allowed into the examination hall.
- Candidates attempting to register multiple times will have their results nullified. It is not possible to make more than one entry.
- In case of a lost or damaged scratch card, applicants will need to purchase a new one as there are no alternatives.
- Additionally, it’s important to note that once the examination commences, no candidate is allowed to enter the exam hall.
These are the guidelines you should keep in mind for the NECO Examination.