The Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) has announced that all applicants for the 2023 recruitment process must submit a referee form, commonly referred to as the Guarantor form, as part of the screening exercise.
The form, officially known as the NIS Referee Form PDF, will be made available for download on this page. Aspiring candidates are encouraged to read on for more information.
The Nigeria Immigration Service has issued a statement regarding the mandatory submission of the NIS Recruitment Guarantor Form as part of the recruitment process.
The form must be completed and signed by two referees, rather than the applicants themselves. The chosen referees must be respected members of the community with a positive reputation, as they will be providing a character reference for the applicants.
The NIS emphasizes the importance of ensuring that the applicant is well-known and of good character to avoid potential issues in the future. Additionally, the NIS guarantor form must be filled out in the guarantor’s own handwriting and not by the applicant.
Eligible individuals who can serve as referees for the recruitment process.
The list includes:
- traditional rulers, magistrates, Chairman of the Local Government, Secretary to State or Local Government, Heads of Educational Institutions attended, and PG of the applicant’s town.
These individuals are considered reputable and trustworthy sources for character reference.
Below is a step-by-step guide for downloading and submitting the necessary referee form for the recruitment process.
Steps to download and submit the form:
- Visit the official NIS website and download the Nigeria Immigration Service Referee Form PDF.
- Print the downloaded form.
- Obtain the necessary information, such as name, address and signature, from your chosen guarantor and have them fill out the form.
- Submit the completed form to the appropriate recruitment center as per the instructions.