Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Tuesday 7 June 2022, can be accessed below.
GoldenNewsNg has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. A closed-door meeting of the National Working Committee (NWC) and governors who are members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) held in Abuja Monday night over the consensus candidate of the party. The meeting took place at the APC National Secretariat at Wuse 2 area of the City Centre.
2. President Muhammadu Buhari has said he has no anointed candidate for the presidential primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC). Buhari said this at a meeting with governors at the Presidential Villa in Abuja, on Monday.
3. The Presidency, yesterday, dismissed the claim of Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), that he brought President Muhammadu Buhari into power. While addressing APC delegates in Ogun State last week, Tinubu had boasted that without him, Buhari would have lost in 2015.
4. The All Progressives Congress (APC) governors from the North have rejected the choice of Senate President Ahmed Lawan as the consensus presidential candidate of the party. They made their position known during a meeting with President Buhari.
5. Laolu Akande, Senior Special Assistant to the Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo on Media and Publicity, has said he was not involved in any traffic accident contrary to the trending online reports. He said the Vice President only stopped to assist a victim of a road traffic accident on his way to Owo, Ondo State.
6. A former Senate President, Ken Nnamani, has withdrawn from the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential race. Nnamani announced his withdrawal during a meeting with journalists in Abuja on Monday.
7. His Holiness, Pope Francis, yesterday, expressed his solidarity and closeness with Catholics in Nigeria after gunmen stormed St. Francis Catholic Church, Owo, Ondo State, on Sunday, killing innocent worshippers. Gunmen had fired at worshippers inside the church killing an unspecified number of persons.
8. Senator Ahmed Bola Tinubu has donated the sum of N75 million to St Francis Catholic Church for repairs of the damage done by the gunmen which left scores dead and several others severely injured. The donation also covers compensation for survivors of the attack currently undergoing treatment at various hospitals.
9. Obinze community, in Owerri West Local Government Area of Imo State, has been thrown into mourning after a family of 12 was found unconscious in their apartment. Five of the family of twelve have died from unconfirmed causes, while seven others are reportedly still battling for their lives.
10. The Delta State Police Command has gunned down three suspected kidnappers in the State. The State police spokesman, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed this in a statement on Monday in Asaba, the State capital.
Leave a Reply