Nigerian newspaper headlines and Naija news today, Wednesday 27 July 2022, can be accessed below.
Goldennewsng has compiled top Naija news headlines from Nigerian newspapers today, this means the latest Naija news, top Nigerian newspaper headlines and happenings in Nigeria can be accessed on this page.
Below are the Nigerian Newspaper headlines & Naija news today from Nigerian newspapers.
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. The Inspector-General of Police, Usman Baba, has ordered a beef up of security in the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) in order to fortify the nation’s capital against terrorists. In a statement on Tuesday, Force spokesman, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the IGP had charged the Force Intelligence Bureau (FIB) to collaborate with residents in order to ward off adversaries.
2. The Deputy Speaker House of Representatives, Ahmed Idris Wase, has disclosed that the Department of State Services (DSS) presented 44 security reports before the Kuje Prison attack in Abuja. He disclosed this while contributing to a proposed motion to halt the planned ban on the use of motorcycles across the nation by the Federal Government.
3. Mrs Habiba Adamu, wife of Ardon Fulani in Kwali Area Council of Abuja, Alhaji Adamu Garba Ardo, has been re-abducted. The woman, who was abducted in February but rescued by some vigilantes, was kidnapped alongside three of her children on Monday night.
4. About 36 residents of Keke B Community in Millennium City, Chikun Local Government Area of Kaduna State, have reportedly been kidnapped. The incident, it was gathered, took place while many residents were preparing to retire for the day on Monday.
5. Fresh statistics released by the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, about its ongoing Continuous Voter Registration CVR have shown Lagos overtaking Kano State as per the number of completed registrations. Currently, Lagos has 508,936, followed by Kano with 500,207, and Delta with 481,929.
6. Lepers, on the platform of Persons Afflicted with Leprosy, PAL, in Delta State, yesterday, embarked on a peaceful protest, demanding a review of their monthly stipend from N8,000 to N25,000.
7. The Presidential Candidate of the Labour Party, Mr Peter Obi has once again, appreciated his numerous supporters across the nation, saying that the journey to rescuing the country will be difficult without them, while notifying the public of the various acts of impersonation against him on the internet. This was contained in a statement signed by his Special Adviser on Media, Mr. Valentine Obienyem.
8. The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, NSCDC, has placed all its State commands on alert following intelligence reports that elements of the Boko Haram terrorists, as well as those of Islamic State West Africa Province, ISWAP, have heightened plots to attack the nation’s capital, Abuja, and five other States, including Lagos.
9. The House of Representatives has begun the process of disqualifying politicians and persons with political affiliations from taking leadership positions in the Central Bank of Nigeria. Serving top officials of the apex bank will also be barred from politics.
10. The Edo State Police Command, on Tuesday, said it arrested a girl, Favour Oyhou, in Auchi, for allegedly stabbing her lover, Paul Handsome, to death. The State Deputy Police Public Relations, ASP Jennifer Iwegbu, in a statement, added that men of the command also rescued three traditional worshippers who were abducted on July 25, 2022.
Leave a Reply