Nigerian Newspapers Headlines Today, Nigeria News Today, Headlines, Newsonline Nigeria, News Headlines in Nigeria Today, Top Naija News, the Nigerian latest news, latest Nigerian news papers Today read them all. can be accessed below.
Good morning and welcome to our selection of top Nigerian headline news from various newspapers for today, April 3rd, 2023. What are the headlines making the rounds in Nigeria today?
- On Sunday morning, gunmen stormed a Christian Pentecostal Church in the Akenawe-Tswarev community of the Logo Local Government Area of Benue State, killing one worshipper and kidnapping three people, including the resident pastor. The motive behind the attack is unknown, and no group has claimed responsibility. Security forces have launched an investigation and are working to apprehend the perpetrators.
- Valentine Obienyem, the media assistant to Peter Obi, the presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP), has claimed to have found the source of the leaked audio recording of his principal’s conversation with David Oyedepo, the founder of Winners Chapel. Obienyem accused their “Nnewi prodigal brother” of releasing the audio, which he claimed had been edited out of context. He did not disclose the identity of the alleged perpetrator.
- Bandits attacked the Federal University in Gusau, Zamfara State, on Sunday, breaking into a female dormitory and kidnapping two female students from the Microbiology Department. The criminals also invaded Sabon Gida village in Bungudu and ransacked the university’s rented female hostel, locking up two civilian guards and stealing their mobile phones. Security forces are currently conducting a search-and-rescue operation to recover the kidnapped students.
- The Oodua Progressives Care Initiative (OPCI) has issued a warning to those they describe as elements of destruction who are disguising themselves as Yoruba leaders, either as individuals or associations, calling for the cancellation of Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s inauguration on May 29, 2023. The group vowed to thwart any attempts to interfere with Tinubu’s inauguration and urged those who oppose his presidency to respect the will of the people and abide by democratic norms.
- Kano State Governor Abdullahi Ganduje has accused Governor-elect Abba Yusuf of starting his tenure on the wrong foot. The verbal altercation was triggered by a statement from Abba Yusuf’s camp advising the government on the use of lands and buildings. Ganduje warned Abba Yusuf that he still controlled the state and found it strange that he was being given advice.
- The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has declared Port Harcourt-based prophetess Faith Ugochi, the founder of Christ Power Adoration Ministries, and the celebrity couple Igho Ubiribo and Danielle Allen wanted for allegedly trafficking drugs and recruiting young girls into their illegal business. NDLEA spokesperson Femi Babafemi announced this in a statement on Sunday, urging members of the public with any information about their whereabouts to come forward.
- The Social Democratic Party (SDP) in Oyo State has suspended Idowu Owokoya, the party secretary, and Michael Lana, the party’s gubernatorial candidate in the March 18 election. The state chairman, Michael Okunlade, signed the suspension letter, which was sent on Friday to the party’s national headquarters in Abuja. The reason for the suspension was not disclosed.
- Prof. Rufai Alkali has resigned as the National Chairman of the New Nigeria Peoples Party (NNPP). In a letter to the party’s national secretary, Alkali confirmed his resignation and stated that he was stepping down to make way for a new leader. No reason was given for his resignation.
- Khosi emerged as the winner of the Big Brother Titans Season 1 reality show on Sunday. The South African contestant beat out other competitors to claim the top prize in the competition.
- Chelsea FC has fired manager Graham Potter, according to a statement issued by the Premier League team on Sunday. Potter had been appointed to the role in September 2022, replacing Thomas Tuch
Leave a Reply