NOUN Admission Requirements For UTME And Direct Entry Candidates (2023/2024 Academic Year)
If you are considering becoming a student at the Nigerian National Open University (NOUN), it is crucial to understand the admission requirements for the upcoming 2023/2024 academic session. This article aims to provide you with comprehensive information about the entrance criteria for NOUN, both for JAMB and Direct Entry candidates.
NOUN, the distance learning initiative of the Federal Government of Nigeria, offers a flexible degree program that allows you to work and study simultaneously. If you have faced challenges with the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB), NOUN can be a viable alternative to UTME-based admissions.
First, let’s take a look at the available programs and courses offered at NOUN:
- B. Agric. (Agricultural Extension and Rural Development Option) – Agricultural Sciences
- B. Agric. (Crop Production and Protection Sciences Option) – Agricultural Sciences
- B. Agric. (Soil and Land Resources Management Option) – Agricultural Sciences
- B. Agric. (Agricultural Economics and Agro Business Option) – Agricultural Sciences
- PGD Agricultural Extension and Management – Agricultural Sciences
- B. Agric. (Aquaculture and Fisheries Management Option) – Agricultural Sciences
- B. Agric. (Animal Science Option) – Agricultural Sciences
Now, let’s delve into the admission requirements for NOUN:
- Candidates must possess a minimum of five Ordinary Level Credits from the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- Select the appropriate JAMB subject combination for your desired program.
- To be considered for admission, candidates must have scored at least 180 in the recently completed JAMB UTME examination.
- NOUN should be your first choice of institution.
- Participation in the NOUN POST UTME/SCREENING is mandatory to be considered for admission.
- Candidates must be at least 16 years of age.
- Additional prerequisites may be specified for specific programs, which can be found on the Faculty’s admission website.
- Candidates must have a minimum of five credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) obtained in no more than two sittings.
- “A” level or IJMB passes in two relevant disciplines related to the field of study.
- Passing scores in related JUPEB/A Level subjects.
- A degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in a relevant area related to the chosen subject.
- Direct entry applicants must obtain a NOUN Direct Entry form from the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the NOUN Portal.
- An Advanced Level Certificate with a minimum Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), or any applicable Advanced Level Certificate.
How to Apply for Admission to NOUN (National Open University of Nigeria) Online:
- Visit the NOUN website at www.nouonline.net.
- On the Home Page, go to the Menu Bar and select “Apply for Admission.”
- Choose between the Undergraduate Program or the Postgraduate Program (for PG applicants).
- Select the desired Faculty (on the left side of the screen).
- Fill out the displayed form and click the link below to view the entrance requirements. Click “Apply” to continue.
- Take note of the displayed UNIQUE ID, as it will be essential for subsequent registrations.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button.
- Choose “Bank Branch” as the payment type.
- Press “Pay” to proceed.
- Make a copy of your RRR number and take it to any bank branch for payment.
- Deposit the sum of N5,000 into any of the designated bank accounts mentioned below.
Approved Designated Banks for Paying NOUN Admission Form:
Bank Name: FCMB Account Details: Please confirm from the customer service desk
Bank Name: Ecobank Plc Account Details: Please confirm from the customer service desk
Bank Name: Zenith Bank Plc Account Details: Please confirm from the customer service desk
Bank Name: Polaris Bank Plc. Account Details: Please confirm from the customer service desk
This article provides a comprehensive overview of the NOUN admission requirements for both new 100-level and Direct Entry applicants. If you have any questions regarding the prerequisites for NOUN admission or the online application process, feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below. We will respond promptly to assist you.