NPower Payment and Deployment News Today 15th December 2022 can be accessed below.
In today’s latest Npower news, GoldenNewsNg reports that the management of Npower in a new update stated that the N-Power Programme is a very successful component of the National Social Investment Programme put in place by the Federal Government. This comes after the fraud Npower Dbanj report. If you have not seen the post, read it here Npower News – ICPC Detains DBanj Over NPower Funds Fraud.
According to Npower management, the Npower Programme has continued to deliver the desired impact through the on-boarding of 1 million Unemployed Nigerian youth (mostly graduates), providing capacity building, targeted tenured employment, and structured off-boarding unto various career paths, thereby serving as a catalyst conveyor system for unemployed under-employed Nigerian youth to successful career paths and a stimulus for the Nigerian economy.
However, the Ministry in charge of the Npower Programme, the Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs denied any official engagement with Dbanj stating that its attention has been brought to recent publications regarding ongoing investigations in relation to fraud allegations in the Programme.
The following is what the Ministry state:
1. The Ministry has deployed a well-rounded mechanism for the selection of eligible beneficiaries from across the country and this has been in place since the inception of the program. Working with our Service Provider, Program Beneficiaries are onboarded, trained, and deployed to pre-selected Places of Primary Assignment.
2. When it came to our notice that there may have been sharp practices by some personnel of the Payment Service Provider (PSP) involved in the payment processes of beneficiaries, the matter was immediately referred to ICPC for a thorough investigation. We are aware that certain persons have consequently been invited for interrogation as part of the ongoing investigations.
3. In the meantime, we have carried out thorough reinforcement of our systems to eliminate all anomalies and prevent similar occurrences in the future. To this end, we are in close collaboration with ICPC to support the successful determination of the investigation.
4. The public may wish to note that in a bid to ensure transparency and accountability in the implementation of N-Power and other National Social Investment Programmes, namely the National Home Grown School Feeding Programme(NHGSEP), Government Enterprise and Empowerment Programme (GEEP) and the Conditional Cash Transfer(CCT), the Ministry has over time involved other government MDA‘s, Security Agencies and Civil Society Organizations in monitoring and compliance checks across the 36 states of the country and the FCT.
5. We want to assure all N-POWER beneficiaries of the Federal Government’s continued commitment to the programme and the subsequent off-boarding channels activated.
6. All program beneficiaries should therefore continue to apply themselves to their utmost at their Places of Primary Assignment. All monthly stipends will continue to be paid in line with program expectations.
7. We call on members of the public to come forward with information on any irregularities noticed in the implementation of the National Social Investment programme through the following channels:
Phone: 0700 CALL NSIP, 070022556747 or 07030859183 WhatsApp.