Viamo – Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet. Yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Viamo connects individuals and organizations using digital technology to make better decisions. With more than 30 million people reached in 2020 alone, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 50M monthly active users by 2023.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Platform Manager, Nigeria
About the role
- You will become part of our growing team in Nigeria, working with some of the most innovative development organizations and private sector companies.
- Your role is to ensure quality on the Viamo platform to the delight of our partners who deeply care about the impact of projects. In this role, you will work primarily on a multi-yeacross-sectionalnal project, funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF).
- The project is based on a 3-pillared approach to contribute to the goals of the BMGF, and in particular the Gender, Family Planning (FP) and Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTD) programme strategy teams (PST).
- These three pillars leverage the Viamo platform’s unique ability to reach the ‘under-connected’ or other difficult-to-reach each population – including women and girls – through their mobidevicesice, in their own language, and irrespective of their literacy levels.
- Viamo will first conduct a quantitative analysis of our current users and qualitative field research of our current and potential users and develop a strategy that identifies women’s and girls’ needs and barriers for activation and behavior change.
- Based on the research findings, Viamo will conduct UX experiments on the Platform in three countries, Mali, Nigeria, and Uganda
- This position will support the management of the Viamo platform in Nigeria, with the Nigeria Head of Programs, to implement two of the Goals in Nigeria with funding coming from two distinct teams within the BMGF.
- The Family Planning PST – the funds are to support the UI/UX design and testing of the Viamo platform and leverage increased engagement to offer internal nudges (during a call to the Viamo Platform) and external nudges (to encourage first time and previous callers to call the Viamo Platform) and links to platform users (handshakes), in the area of family planning. Through this engagement, Viamo will work closely with a research firm to conduct rigorous implementation research to measure the link between users’ activity on the platform and knowledge, attitude, and behavior outcomes for FP.
- The Neglected Tropical Diseases PST will also leverage these platform improvements to offer nudges and links to platform users, but this time in the area of Neglected Tropical Diseases, especially awareness, prevention and mass-drug administration.
Manage 4-2-1 day-to-day activities:
Manage 4-2-1 day-to-day activities:
- Master Viamo’s platform including configuration, route setup and content building for Viamo’s product suite.
- Test 4-2-1 channels daily to ensure that the codes are working
- Update the master document containing all 4-2-1 messages
- Update dynamic content on the service
- Documentation and archiving of any changes made to the content of the service
- Track all other 4-2-1 related statistics, in collaboration with the Senior Platform Manager
- Issue and analysis of 4-2-1 monthly statistics
Upload and Manage Content in the Viamo Platform:
- Master all Viamo mobile functionality for the creation and management of content trees with the 4-2-1 best practices
- Update audio files as needed
- Update text (USSD/SMS) as needed
- Create live dashboard links as requested for sharing with content partners
- Download data and create reports on usage as requested
Managing relations with the Content Production Team:
- Create and organize the content scripts with 4-2-1 best practices to share with the team for translation and recording.
- Ensure that all received content is of high quality, in the agreed-upon format and delivered on time
- Once the audio files and text files have been sent back, review and compare the content to ensure consistency, grammatical accuracy, and clarity of the messages.
- If revisions to the audio file or the text need to be made, send it to the production team explaining the problem. Repeat as necessary.
- Update master document containing all 4-2-1 messages across all languages
- Document and archive any changes made to the content of the service
Pre-testing of Content:
- Lead the pre-testing of new 4-2-1 content for message quality and comprehension
- If necessary, identify, train, and supervise researchers for testing of content, according to 4-2-1 testing guidelines
- Produce summary reports with recommendations for improving the content
Issuance of Statistics and Reports Related to 4-2-1:
- Issue and analysis of 4-2-1 monthly statistics
- Track all other 4-2-1 related statistics, in collaboration with the Product Supervisor
- Write and send monthly usage reports to the MNO partner
- Write and send monthly usage reports to Content Partners
Manage the 4-2-1 Marketing Relations with the Mobile Network Operator:
- Create 4-2-1 promotion messages with best practices and submit them to MNO for approval
- Collaborate with the MNO to create a schedule for promotions and ensure that it is followed
- Record the dates of promotion, and messages pushed across the different categories
- Create BTL reports for MNO and partners
- Coordinate with and solicit technical inputs from relevant Viamo departments when needed and ensure incorporation in project implementation.
- Document and share lessons learned and best practices from managed projects for internal and external use.
- Work with the Viamo team responsible for the implementation of the project to support the research, design, testing and research of mobile engagement strategies using the Viamo platform for the FP and NTD goals of the project. This includes setting expectations on what success looks like, clear roles and responsibilities of the partner and Viamo, and understanding the type of reporting the partner is expecting.
- Coordinate with and solicit technical inputs from relevant Viamo departments when needed and ensure it’s incorporated in project implementation
- Conduct data analysis and report on the results of project and programs
- Participate in Viamo’s Project Quality community of practice and apply PQ best practices for project management throughout project implementation in-country
Other: Nigeria Project Management Support:
- Support the Country Director as needed for Viamo’s work in Nigeria
- Assist with the design, strategy and implementation of projects in Nigeria
- Lead project implementation, supporting translation, recording, and testing needs, amongst other project needs
- Carry out the technical deployment of the project on the Viamo platform
- Monitor and document performance metrics, end-user engagement, and impact to inform appropriate changes to project approach and overall implementation as needed.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Number of Mobile Users (Monthly Active Users)
- Number of Meaningful Interactions or Benefits Consumed (Key Messages, Key Actions)
- Caller to Listener Ratio
- MAU to YAU Ratio
- Monthly MAU Retention
- Benefits per User
- Consistency and Completion of Monthly Tasks
- Project Delivery Milestones and Client Satisfaction
Team and Reporting Structure:
- Reports directly to the Senior Platform Manager, Nigeria
- Works closely with the Program Management team
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of experience in ICT-related field
- Mastery of computers and mobile technology with proficiency in MS Office
- Experience in data collection and analysis.
- Experience with project management life cycle, monitoring, and evaluation.
- Thrive at adapting to changing environments
- Demonstrated ability to multitask, prioritize and coordinate
- Independent thinker and problem solver with proven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to work independently, flexibility, and willingness to adapt to new tasks as needed
- Excellent attention to detail and thoroughness
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Fluency in Hausa and/or Yoruba and Igbo is an advantage
- Previous experience working with a Mobile Network Operator.
- Knowledge of Interactive Voice Response and USSD.
- Previous working experience in content development for mobile.
- Experience with behavior change communication is desirable.
- Experience with qualitative research and user experience research is desirable.
- Previous experience working in project management.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply online